USB 2.0 and Service Pack 2

Vincent

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2004

Before I have used windows xp service pack 2 (upgrade from service pack 1), i
have no problem in using my usb port, they were detected as usb 2.0. When
things get slow, i reinstall my windows fresh, and then install service pack
2. And now i can't upgrade my usb port to usb 2.0, every time i attached my
usb device, windows said i have plugged high speed into non-high speed. What
can I do? My motherboard is Gigabyte G7VA.

woody

Reinstall the Gigabyte USB 2.0 drivers.

"Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before I have used windows xp service pack 2 (upgrade from service pack
> 1), i
> have no problem in using my usb port, they were detected as usb 2.0. When
> things get slow, i reinstall my windows fresh, and then install service
> pack
> 2. And now i can't upgrade my usb port to usb 2.0, every time i attached
> my
> usb device, windows said i have plugged high speed into non-high speed.
> What
> can I do? My motherboard is Gigabyte G7VA.

Vincent

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2004

Yes, it's work, but first, i have to uninstall service pack 2 first (with
scary warning that a lot of my installed applications won't work), then i
install gigabyte 2.0 driver, and reinstall service pack 2 again (with many
prays). And thanks god, it's work. Thank you