I can't get anything to work when I connect them to the usb ports. I am
trying to connect a jump drive and a sony digital camera and I get the same
messege each time: cannot install hardware, an error occured, the data is
invalid. I tried removing all the usb hubs and restarting windows. I also
tried updating drivers. These devices work fine on other computers. I am
runnings windows xp home sp2. I have a chaintech spt800 motherboard. Thanks!

sds715 wrote:
> I can't get anything to work when I connect them to the usb ports. I
> am trying to connect a jump drive and a sony digital camera and I get
> the same messege each time: cannot install hardware, an error
> occured, the data is invalid. I tried removing all the usb hubs and
> restarting windows. I also tried updating drivers. These devices
> work fine on other computers. I am runnings windows xp home sp2. I
> have a chaintech spt800 motherboard. Thanks!

Sounds like you don't have the right drivers for your USB ports. Get the
latest from the hw manufacturer & install them in device manager - if
they're on-board, might also want to do a BIOS update.

I'm trying to get a bios update. I have phoenix award bios 6.00 with a date
of 6/2004. I just had something else to add also. When I have the jumpdrive
connected to one of the usb ports and I restart my computer the bios finds it
and I have to go into the setup. The green light is also lit on the jump
drive. As soon as windows starts the light on the jump drive goes out.
Would that still be a bios problem?