Locating and updating drivers

I've just installed a scanner for my Windows XP computer, consisting of the
scanner device itself and a SCSI host adapter device attached the scanner.

Windows has detected the new SCSI adapter but it could not locate a driver
for it.

What utility do I use to view the new hardware,and how do I start it?

How will I know which device to configure?

How can I update the driver for the SCSI host adapter?

Thanks for your help!

You need to know the manufacturer of the SCSI adapter before you can get the
updated driver.

Alos, you should be checking with the manufacturer of the scanner so as to
see if they offer updated XP drivers. Some do not have XP drivers and some
charge for the drivers.

"Zakynthos" <Zakynthos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed a scanner for my Windows XP computer, consisting of
> the
> scanner device itself and a SCSI host adapter device attached the scanner.
>
> Windows has detected the new SCSI adapter but it could not locate a driver
> for it.
>
> What utility do I use to view the new hardware,and how do I start it?
>
> How will I know which device to configure?
>
> How can I update the driver for the SCSI host adapter?
>
> Thanks for your help!

Using something like Everest Home from www.lavalys.com would help. This
will tell you everything about your computer including the specific
model of the SCSI card and even give you a link to the proper drivers.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)