Bluetooth / Microsoft Mouse .. problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Guys,

I have just bought a Microsoft BT mouse.

I followed the instrucation and it worked fine.

But if I reboot my PC, my dongle is blue, in the list of BT devices, I have
Microsoft mouse/no passkey ... but when I move the mouse, nothing happen.
Even if I click the button under the mouse.

then, if in the bluetooth device screen I remove the mouse and add it again,
it works fine... but after a reboot, I am dead again.

I have the last version of Microsoft driver.. And running XP SP2

I wonder if you have an idea ?

Regards

Frederic
3 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth microsoft mouse problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Might be the MS XP SP2 BT drivers - they're *way* less than perfect...

    For example, there is no support whatsoever for proper audio support for BT
    headsets...

    Be a nice idea once they actually get it working fully and properly...!

    "Frederic ESNOUF (MVP-ISA)" <frederic@esnouf.net> wrote in message
    > Guys,
    >
    > I have just bought a Microsoft BT mouse.
    >
    > I followed the instrucation and it worked fine.
    >
    > But if I reboot my PC, my dongle is blue, in the list of BT devices, I
    > have Microsoft mouse/no passkey ... but when I move the mouse, nothing
    > happen. Even if I click the button under the mouse.
    >
    > then, if in the bluetooth device screen I remove the mouse and add it
    > again, it works fine... but after a reboot, I am dead again.
    >
    > I have the last version of Microsoft driver.. And running XP SP2
    >
    > I wonder if you have an idea ?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Frederic

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    As far as you know, are there any debug program such as a 'sniffer' for BT.

    This way I could check if both devices talk to each other ;-)

    Thanks

    Frederic

    "David Elders" <david_elders@hotmail.com.nospam> wrote in message
    > Might be the MS XP SP2 BT drivers - they're *way* less than perfect...
    >
    > For example, there is no support whatsoever for proper audio support for
    > BT headsets...
    >
    > Be a nice idea once they actually get it working fully and properly...!

    > "Frederic ESNOUF (MVP-ISA)" <frederic@esnouf.net> wrote in message
    >> Guys,
    >>
    >> I have just bought a Microsoft BT mouse.
    >>
    >> I followed the instrucation and it worked fine.
    >>
    >> But if I reboot my PC, my dongle is blue, in the list of BT devices, I
    >> have Microsoft mouse/no passkey ... but when I move the mouse, nothing
    >> happen. Even if I click the button under the mouse.
    >>
    >> then, if in the bluetooth device screen I remove the mouse and add it
    >> again, it works fine... but after a reboot, I am dead again.
    >>
    >> I have the last version of Microsoft driver.. And running XP SP2
    >>
    >> I wonder if you have an idea ?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Frederic

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I would actually recommend installing the IntelliPoint 5.2 drivers from
    Microsoft. This includes new BT drivers and follow the directions to the
    T. It is possible that you have a faulty mouse which MS will quickly
    replace for you, but more than likely it is just the setup.

    Try to remove the mouse from the BT Control Panel, Install the drivers,
    press connect on the mouse, then search for BT devices, then use no
    passkey. I have had to readd my keyboard/mouse a few times, but haven't
    had any problems since SP2 :)

    -----
    Nathan McNulty
    Swap gmail with name for email :)

    Frederic ESNOUF (MVP-ISA) wrote:
    > As far as you know, are there any debug program such as a 'sniffer' for BT.
    >
    > This way I could check if both devices talk to each other ;-)
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Frederic
    >
    > "David Elders" <david_elders@hotmail.com.nospam> wrote in message
    >
    >>Might be the MS XP SP2 BT drivers - they're *way* less than perfect...
    >>
    >>For example, there is no support whatsoever for proper audio support for
    >>BT headsets...
    >>
    >>Be a nice idea once they actually get it working fully and properly...!

    >>"Frederic ESNOUF (MVP-ISA)" <frederic@esnouf.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Guys,
    >>>
    >>>I have just bought a Microsoft BT mouse.
    >>>
    >>>I followed the instrucation and it worked fine.
    >>>
    >>>But if I reboot my PC, my dongle is blue, in the list of BT devices, I
    >>>have Microsoft mouse/no passkey ... but when I move the mouse, nothing
    >>>happen. Even if I click the button under the mouse.
    >>>
    >>>then, if in the bluetooth device screen I remove the mouse and add it
    >>>again, it works fine... but after a reboot, I am dead again.
    >>>
    >>>I have the last version of Microsoft driver.. And running XP SP2
    >>>
    >>>I wonder if you have an idea ?
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>
    >>>Frederic

Mice Microsoft Bluetooth Windows XP