DirectX.9OC

Sims 2 PC game is baffling me!!! The game wont start beause my systems
apparently does not support DirectX.9OC. I immedialty go to Microsoft and
download the updated graphics. Now the erroe message is that my drivers need
updating because they dont support the new graphics............. how can a
simple PC game cause so many problems and to be honest I am completely lost
in how to download and update my drivers.

Can anyone help as my daughter is begging me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You need to get the latest video drivers from the manufacturers website &
not Microsoft. MS only supply effectively generic drivers and not those
specific to your card/built in graphics.
If direct X 9 is required it should be on the game disk, but first update
the drivers.

Neil
"Jacqueline Paget" <Jacqueline Paget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FB57560D-CC88-4D14-9726-C646DD7E8275@microsoft.com...

"neil" wrote:

> You need to get the latest video drivers from the manufacturers website &
> not Microsoft. MS only supply effectively generic drivers and not those
> specific to your card/built in graphics.
> If direct X 9 is required it should be on the game disk, but first update
> the drivers.
>
> Neil
> "Jacqueline Paget" <Jacqueline Paget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FB57560D-CC88-4D14-9726-C646DD7E8275@microsoft.com...
> > Sims 2 PC game is baffling me!!! The game wont start beause my systems
> > apparently does not support DirectX.9OC. I immedialty go to Microsoft and
> > download the updated graphics. Now the erroe message is that my drivers
> > need
> > updating because they dont support the new graphics............. how can a
> > simple PC game cause so many problems and to be honest I am completely
> > lost
> > in how to download and update my drivers.
> >
> > Can anyone help as my daughter is begging me to solve this problem.
> >
> > Thanks

I installed the video driver from the manufacturer and still get the error
message, altho my computer tells me the new hardware is installed....my
grandaughter is pleading for sims 2 to run ....help!!!!

"neil" wrote:

> You need to get the latest video drivers from the manufacturers website &
> not Microsoft. MS only supply effectively generic drivers and not those
> specific to your card/built in graphics.
> If direct X 9 is required it should be on the game disk, but first update
> the drivers.
>
> Neil
> "Jacqueline Paget" <Jacqueline Paget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FB57560D-CC88-4D14-9726-C646DD7E8275@microsoft.com...
> > Sims 2 PC game is baffling me!!! The game wont start beause my systems
> > apparently does not support DirectX.9OC. I immedialty go to Microsoft and
> > download the updated graphics. Now the erroe message is that my drivers
> > need
> > updating because they dont support the new graphics............. how can a
> > simple PC game cause so many problems and to be honest I am completely
> > lost
> > in how to download and update my drivers.
> >
> > Can anyone help as my daughter is begging me to solve this problem.
> >
> > Thanks

What graphics card do you have?
www.coribright.com