BIOS update prob

Not sure where to post this? Perhaps a Windows NG

I updated my bios on my GA-7n400pro 2 through the @bios program. I have used
it before and had no problems. When the computer was restarted , the
checkdisk on drive D: which is my second partition started and said (the
second boot sector is unwriteable)
When windows opens I cant access the d drive. In windows it shows up as a
raw drive. Partition Magic shows that there is data there but cant correct
the problem.

Win xp pro
NTFS
60 gig Maxtor split C: 20 gig D: 40 gig

I tried a thorough chkdsk /r d: through command prompt but no such luck.

Can anyone give some advice, thanks in advance

PS I tried using diskprobe but I think that is a little too advanced for
me.
Does the d: drive even need a MBR since its not the system partition?

What BIOS update did you install?

"Ponyboy" <shodeo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not sure where to post this? Perhaps a Windows NG
>
> I updated my bios on my GA-7n400pro 2 through the @bios program. I have
used
> it before and had no problems. When the computer was restarted , the
> checkdisk on drive D: which is my second partition started and said (the
> second boot sector is unwriteable)
> When windows opens I cant access the d drive. In windows it shows up as a
> raw drive. Partition Magic shows that there is data there but cant correct
> the problem.
>
> Win xp pro
> NTFS
> 60 gig Maxtor split C: 20 gig D: 40 gig
>
> I tried a thorough chkdsk /r d: through command prompt but no such
luck.

> Can anyone give some advice, thanks in advance
>
> PS I tried using diskprobe but I think that is a little too advanced for
> me.
> Does the d: drive even need a MBR since its not the system partition?

I updated to FE from FB.
I finally fixed everything. I used a program called PC Inspector to retrieve
my files and then Partition Magic to delete the partition then create and
reformat the partition.
what a pain in the ass though. There has to be a way to just repair the boot
record or something. I guess it doesnt matter now but I am curious how I
couldve repaired the partition table or the boot record.