Fed up with losing another IDE drive--and data caught between backups,
I have purchased a Startech Dual Channel Ultra ATA/100 RAID PCI
Card--and two new IDE drives. The bios on the controller has
configured the two drives as one mirrored set, but WinXP doesn't seem
to notice. Is there setup required in WinXP to get it to recognize
the drives as one RAID set?? Do I have to "Repair" or reload WinXP
Home??

"trenoweth" <cnsreitz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Fed up with losing another IDE drive--and data caught between backups,
> I have purchased a Startech Dual Channel Ultra ATA/100 RAID PCI
> Card--and two new IDE drives. The bios on the controller has
> configured the two drives as one mirrored set, but WinXP doesn't seem
> to notice. Is there setup required in WinXP to get it to recognize
> the drives as one RAID set?? Do I have to "Repair" or reload WinXP
> Home??

Windows XP does not support mirrored drives. But you don't need it to.
Your controller card is handling it at the hardware level, making it
invisible to Windows.

Tim C
MCDST, MCST