Computer Start-up Failure

The other night, there was a power failure and of course my friends
father was on their computer. They have a safety powerboard, yet now
when they try and turn their computer on it finishes the Memory Test
and then completely stops and doesn't move any further. Would this be
a hardware issue, or otherwise? Any help would do well thank you. They
are running WindowsXP Home if this is any help too.

If it is finishing the post and locks when windows loads, then you need to
do a repair install.
Set your bios to boot off your cd rom as the first boot device and boot with
your xp disk in the drive and do a repair install.

"Kitty Vamp" <shiloc@cannp-12.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
> The other night, there was a power failure and of course my friends
> father was on their computer. They have a safety powerboard, yet now
> when they try and turn their computer on it finishes the Memory Test
> and then completely stops and doesn't move any further. Would this be
> a hardware issue, or otherwise? Any help would do well thank you. They
> are running WindowsXP Home if this is any help too.

TRENDING THREADS