Port assignments under Windows XP Pro - Svc Pack 2

I have added a data cable to connect to my Nokia 3120 phone. The cable
(DKU-5) is registered in Device Manager under Multi-Port Serial Adapters, as
it should be, but there is no Port assigned to it under Ports (COM & LPT).
The installation instructions say it should be assigned a virtual port of COM
3 or 4 automatically. Any help on either a way to manually assign the port
or get Windows to automatically assign a port would be helpful.

opa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

Your PC or Laptop should have at least one serial COM port. Is it turned
ON?, Check the BIOS.