GA-7N400 Pro2 and Xpress Recovery

I use Xpress Recovery to create a backup image of my boot partition. The
image is automatically placed in free space on the C drive (not the best
solution).
I can see the space the image occupies but cannot move it or copy it to
another drive.
Any way of doing this?
TIA

This uses a HPA. If you change the host the data is useless.
Just maybe Gigabyte knows what they are doing.
JPS
<perry3739@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I use Xpress Recovery to create a backup image of my boot partition. The
> image is automatically placed in free space on the C drive (not the best
> solution).
> I can see the space the image occupies but cannot move it or copy it to
> another drive.
> Any way of doing this?
> TIA

<perry3739@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I use Xpress Recovery to create a backup image of my boot partition. The
> image is automatically placed in free space on the C drive (not the best
> solution).
> I can see the space the image occupies but cannot move it or copy it to
> another drive.
> Any way of doing this?
> TIA

if it's automatically placed onto an area of the C drive with no option to
place onto a different partition then that's the only place it will look for
it if you need to restore the information. if you manually move it to your D
drive, for example, then you won't be able to access the backup unless you
moved it back manually to the C drive .... but you wouldn't be able to do
that as your boot partition would be messed up at that stage stopping you
from booting into windows etc.

if you have a complete HDD failure, which would stop you accessing the
backup on your C drive then restoring the boot partition would do no good
anyway.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:37:08 GMT, "jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote:

I understand the function and benefits of the Host Protected Area but if I
have a HDD failure I have lost the system and the backup.
If I could copy to another HDD and recover to a new host in the event of a
failure.

Perry