Hard Drive Size Limit in Bios

I am running an 8PE667 Ultra board with the latest available bios
(F3 10-16-02) and Windows XP Home. Will this bios recognize a drive bigger
than 137gb, such
as 160 or 200gb?

Thanks...

Steven
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive size limit bios

    "Steven Spiegel" <fixindad@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I am running an 8PE667 Ultra board with the latest available bios
    > (F3 10-16-02) and Windows XP Home. Will this bios recognize a drive bigger
    > than 137gb, such
    > as 160 or 200gb?

    I do not know about the board in question but I have just had this
    'problem'. If you are going to partition the drive using fdisk you will need
    the latest version; I use the one from the ME start-up disk. The last
    partition could not be seen in Windows Explorer until I went to Admin Tools
    in the control panel and looked at the partitions in the disk management
    section. I was able to format the drive - in my case the last partition -
    and give it a drive letter. You do need to have installed Service Pack 1 to
    get 48 bit addressing, which is what is required.

Gigabyte BIOS Hard Drives Windows XP Motherboards