GA-7VT600-L and dead keyboard.

I recently changed to this motherboard from a GA-7VAXP and I am getting a
dead keyboard on starting up - no lights flash and the keys are dead. I have
found that if the power is removed from the computer for about 10 seconds -
keyboard and mouse (PS2) are always alive - it will work again. It seems to
occur overnight or if the computer has not been used for a long period. I am
wondering if there is a problem with the motherboard as the keyboard was no
bother with the previous motherboard. Does anybody have any experience of
this condition? TIA.

Its not unknown for keyboards to die too. I'd suggest before you do
anything else try and "temporarily" swap the KB with a friend and see if you
still have the problem (its the mobo) or they then have the prob (its the
keyboard).

CrimsonLiar

"CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
> Its not unknown for keyboards to die too. I'd suggest before you do
> anything else try and "temporarily" swap the KB with a friend and see if
you
> still have the problem (its the mobo) or they then have the prob (its the
> keyboard).

I have four keyboards here and they all play up in some way and all worked
fine with the previous board. I will live with it until more of a pattern
emerges which will point to the cause. Sometimes all is well for days; I now
watch for the light sequence and watching it seems to make it work. It is
unattended boot ups that seem to be when it does not work. Solution is the
watch it. How it knows I am watching it I do not know.