System fan speed not being shown

New Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW motherboard with ANTEC PSU. Connected the FAN
connector lead from the PSU to the motherboard but the BIOS reports system
fan speed is zero.

Should I be worried?

Cheers, Rob.

Is the pin the right way round?...do you have it connected in the right
orientation?, it could be dead, the fan RPM on the PSU or header on the
motherboard.

My Antec 550W PSU displays correctly in the BIOS.

"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@NOSPAM_informed-direct.com> wrote in message
> New Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW motherboard with ANTEC PSU. Connected the FAN
> connector lead from the PSU to the motherboard but the BIOS reports system
> fan speed is zero.
>
> Should I be worried?
>
> Cheers, Rob.

> Is the pin the right way round?...do you have it connected in the right
> orientation?, it could be dead, the fan RPM on the PSU or header on the
> motherboard.
>
> My Antec 550W PSU displays correctly in the BIOS.

I'll check the orientation but I seem to remember it being keyed.

Actually, this motherboard was in another system with a different PSU for a
while and that didn't show system fan speed.

Cheers, Rob.