Leaderboard Golf

I used to be a big fan of this golf game on the old 8-bit computers and
I noticed it's listed on the KLOV website:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=L&game_id=8402

There's not much info but anyone know if it exists or will do in mame?
11 answers Last reply
More about leaderboard golf

    Hellmark wrote:
    > flightlessvacuum's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged
    through
    > his body were:
    > > I used to be a big fan of this golf game on the old 8-bit computers
    and
    > > I noticed it's listed on the KLOV website:
    > > http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=L&game_id=8402
    > > There's not much info but anyone know if it exists or will do in
    mame?

    > I believe its in MAME as ar_ldrb, however sound isnt listed as
    working for
    > it, but its playable.
    >
    > I remember playing this on my 386, was pretty fun.

    Yea thanks,

    Looks like it has been added finally but judging by the screenshots it
    seems to be heavily based on the amiga version (yuck).

    K.os wrote:
    > flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    > > Yea thanks,
    > >
    > > Looks like it has been added finally but judging by the screenshots
    it
    > > seems to be heavily based on the amiga version (yuck).
    >
    > You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version
    other
    > than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very similar to
    the
    > Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that, but the fact
    remains
    > that no game in MAME is based on anything but the Arcade original.
    >
    > *-) K.os
    > --
    > This signature space left intentionally blank.

    Have a look here:

    http://caesar.logiqx.com/html/emus/multi/mame/ar_ldrba.shtml

    It was even produced with the Commodore AMIGA computer so I would say
    it would be very similar, also the arcade version came after the home
    computer versions and not vice versa. :)

    flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:

    [snip]
    > Yea thanks,
    >
    > Looks like it has been added finally but judging by the screenshots it
    > seems to be heavily based on the amiga version (yuck).

    You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version other
    than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very similar to the
    Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that, but the fact remains
    that no game in MAME is based on anything but the Arcade original.

    *-) K.os
    --
    This signature space left intentionally blank.

    flightlessvacuum's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    his body were:
    > I used to be a big fan of this golf game on the old 8-bit computers and
    > I noticed it's listed on the KLOV website:
    > http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=L&game_id=8402
    > There's not much info but anyone know if it exists or will do in mame?

    I believe its in MAME as ar_ldrb, however sound isnt listed as working for
    it, but its playable.

    I remember playing this on my 386, was pretty fun.

    K.os's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:

    > flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >> Yea thanks,
    >>
    >> Looks like it has been added finally but judging by the screenshots it
    >> seems to be heavily based on the amiga version (yuck).
    >
    > You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version other
    > than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very similar to the
    > Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that, but the fact remains
    > that no game in MAME is based on anything but the Arcade original.

    I think he was talking about the original arcade shared relations with the
    Amiga version, not saying that MAME's running the Amiga version.

    In a parallel universe, Anti-Hellmark said exactly the opposite of:

    > K.os's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    > were:
    [snip]
    >> You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version
    >> other than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very
    >> similar to the Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that,
    >> but the fact remains that no game in MAME is based on anything but
    >> the Arcade original.
    >
    > I think he was talking about the original arcade shared relations with
    > the Amiga version, not saying that MAME's running the Amiga version.

    I know. But what he said was just like saying that Nikita by Luc Besson
    is based on Point of No Return by John Bad Ham. Bass Ackwards.

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

    flightlessvacuum's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    his body were:
    > K.os wrote:
    >> flightlessvacuum@lycos.com wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >>> Yea thanks,
    >>> Looks like it has been added finally but judging by the screenshots it
    >>> seems to be heavily based on the amiga version (yuck).
    >> You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version other
    >> than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very similar to the
    >> Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that, but the fact remains
    >> that no game in MAME is based on anything but the Arcade original.
    > Have a look here:
    > http://caesar.logiqx.com/html/emus/multi/mame/ar_ldrba.shtml
    > It was even produced with the Commodore AMIGA computer so I would say
    > it would be very similar, also the arcade version came after the home
    > computer versions and not vice versa. :)

    K.os is saying that the version in MAME wasnt something hacked together
    from the Amiga version by the dev team, but actually a dump of the
    original arcade machine. Whether or not the original Leaderboard
    developers simply did a port for arcade from Amiga or vice versa is a
    whole nother story.

    "Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> wrote in message

    > Actually, that's an Amiga right there, sitting inside an arcade cabinet

    Now what lamebrain thought THAT idea up?

    So in effect, MAME is emulating an Amiga with the ar_bios, correct?

    No wonder they're so freakin' slow...:-)

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:07:35 GMT, "DJSpeedy" <speedyIS@private.com>
    wrote:

    >"Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Actually, that's an Amiga right there, sitting inside an arcade cabinet
    >
    >Now what lamebrain thought THAT idea up?
    >
    >So in effect, MAME is emulating an Amiga with the ar_bios, correct?
    >
    >No wonder they're so freakin' slow...:-)

    The idea of an Amiga in a arcade box is just like the Max-A-Flex
    games. The Max-A-Flex machines were an Atari 600XL without a keyboard
    and slightly modified software to add coin based timers.

    Of course, the Amiga is a 16-bit machine and the Atari 600XL was an
    older 8-bit machine, but either way it's still a home computer in an
    arcade cabinet.

    --
    Cordata
    http://abem.mametitles.com - alt.binaries.emulators.mame FAQ

    * K.os wrote in alt.games.mame:
    > In a parallel universe, Anti-Hellmark said exactly the opposite of:

    >> K.os's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    >> were:
    > [snip]
    >>> You do know that it is not, emphatically not, based on any version
    >>> other than the arcade version. Now if the Amiga version was very
    >>> similar to the Arcade version I can understand why you'd think that,
    >>> but the fact remains that no game in MAME is based on anything but
    >>> the Arcade original.

    >> I think he was talking about the original arcade shared relations with
    >> the Amiga version, not saying that MAME's running the Amiga version.

    > I know. But what he said was just like saying that Nikita by Luc Besson

    Just saw that again last weekend, great flick but you can just tell that
    the subtitles are wrong even if you dont speak French.

    --
    David
    <Knghtbrd> aggh!

    In a parallel universe, Anti-SINNER said exactly the opposite of:

    > * K.os wrote in alt.games.mame:
    [snip]
    >> I know. But what he said was just like saying that Nikita by Luc
    >> Besson
    >
    > Just saw that again last weekend, great flick but you can just tell
    > that the subtitles are wrong even if you dont speak French.

    I'd have to rent the subtitled version to know, so I'll take your word on
    that! :-)

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in
    the sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some
    vantage point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very
    rude word" - D. N. Adams

Video Games