SATA tranfering speed problems

Hi!
I'we just installed a Hitachi 160 GB SATA disc on my computer to have as a
filestorage unit only. Yesterday when i was transfering files from my
CD-drive to the SATA-disc, I recognice that it it took longer time to tranfer
the same files to the SATA-disc than to my other IDE discs. Can anyone tell
me wy?

Best regards!

Just because Serial ATA is rated up to 150 MegaBytes per Second does not
mean you reach anywhere near that. The fact is that your old IDE drives
may have been internally faster than your current SATA drive.

The most likely reason would be the speed of your CD Drive since the max
output of a CD Drive is way below max internal speed of a hard drive.
If it is the same CD Drive, I would check for new chipset (motherboard)
drivers. You may need to update your drivers especially since SATA is a
newer technology and many of the first drivers for these devices were
not very well designed.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)