Removable Disk Detector Doesn't Work

I have a Memory Card Reader (connected to the USB) which used to pop up
the Removable Disk Detector Dialog ("What do you want Windows to Do?")
when I inserted a camera memory stick. I can still read the sticks after
inserting them, but the dialog was a real convenience. This probably
started to happen after I upgraded to SP2, but certainly around that
time. The same function seems to work on my laptop, upgraded to SP2. Is
there some setting that was changed and that I need to change back to
make this work/
--
ÿþE
1 answer Last reply

    Was this Windows that popped up the dialog or was it a software program?
    If it was Windows, open My Computer, right click on the memory card
    reader's drive icon and click Properties and see if you can do anything
    in there (like Autoplay). If it was another software program's dialog
    box, try updating/reinstalling/playing with the software program and see
    if you can get it to show back up.

    -----
    Nathan McNulty
    Swap gmail with name for email :)

    Terry Straehley wrote:
    > I have a Memory Card Reader (connected to the USB) which used to pop up
    > the Removable Disk Detector Dialog ("What do you want Windows to Do?")
    > when I inserted a camera memory stick. I can still read the sticks after
    > inserting them, but the dialog was a real convenience. This probably
    > started to happen after I upgraded to SP2, but certainly around that
    > time. The same function seems to work on my laptop, upgraded to SP2. Is
    > there some setting that was changed and that I need to change back to
    > make this work/

Removable Disk Windows XP