Which External DVD shall I buy?

I need advice which external DVD +RW -RW (including RW CD) shall I buy. I am
leaning at Pioneer,but have not decide which model. I have a GA-7VAXP Mobo, I
could use either USB 2 or Firewire. Any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

firewire should offer better performance but be aware that most external
drives re just internal drives in external cases.

Wayne

"Maryjoe" <maryjoej@scax.org> wrote in message

> I need advice which external DVD +RW -RW (including RW CD) shall I buy. I
am
> leaning at Pioneer,but have not decide which model. I have a GA-7VAXP
Mobo, I
> could use either USB 2 or Firewire. Any other advice will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:51:52 GMT, "Wayne" <nope.notme@notospam.tv> wrote:

Thanks for replying.

Did you mean it's an internal drive inside an external casing and anything wrong
with it?

I have two CenDyne, CD-RW failed 1 week after the usual warranty expired. I like
to replace it with an ext. DVD so that I could share it with another computer.
(too much hacking/spying around).

I was looking at Pricewatch.com website and pretty cheap around $100+ for a
Sony, NEC or Pioneer (I have owned these before and never failed, except
obsolete). Have you any experiences buying from the people?

Thank you for you help any other information deeply appreciated!