I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but thought I would
start here first. I have a very new labtec optical mouse but just recently
my cursor arrow will freeze on the screen. I then have to reboot the
computer to get it going again (which is a nuisance) The mouse does not have
a wheel for me to clean, obviously, so if some-one out there can help me
with this problem, I will be most grateful. I am running XP pro. 320 mb of
ram 120 gb hard drive usual cd & cd rewriters attached. Thanks to all.

Postmanpat.

You could try returning it and get different. You could try upgraded
video drivers for the vidoe card from the manufacturer. You could try
reducing Hardware acceleration in Display, Properties, Settings,
Advanced, Troubleshoot. Any of those may fix it.

postmanpat wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but thought I would
> start here first. I have a very new labtec optical mouse but just recently
> my cursor arrow will freeze on the screen. I then have to reboot the
> computer to get it going again (which is a nuisance) The mouse does not have
> a wheel for me to clean, obviously, so if some-one out there can help me
> with this problem, I will be most grateful. I am running XP pro. 320 mb of
> ram 120 gb hard drive usual cd & cd rewriters attached. Thanks to all.
>
> Postmanpat.

If your system is mis-behaving, always check for spyware/malware and
viruses. Once this is done, then check for updated drivers.

To remove spywares/malwares programs, find:

AD Aware SE
Spybot: Search and Destroy 1.3
CWShredder.