Max CPU for GA 686 LX4

Firthy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003

Its a slot 1 mobo, max cpu there I think of 633mhz, will it go faster with a
slot 1 to socket converter, can I put a P3 in it? If so whats max cpu for
this mobo?

Thanks

--

Firthy

ICQ: 1923291
firthy (at) gmail.com

Firthy wrote:
> Its a slot 1 mobo, max cpu there I think of 633mhz, will it go faster
> with a slot 1 to socket converter, can I put a P3 in it? If so whats
> max cpu for this mobo?
>
> Thanks

Replying in order of asking.
No, No and Not applicable due to the answer to the second question.
The fastest CPU for the LX4 is 533MHz, all faster Celerons will NOT run
in the LX4
(IE, it will NOT run Coppermine or Tualatin cored Celerons or PIII's, no
matter what you do, it has no support for them.)

The board can run PII 333's if you can find them, due to them only
needing a 66MHz Bus speed.
Apart from that, they make a passable (Model) boat anchor.

HTH

Jeff C
aka
MaXiLeeCH