windows xp can'nt detect hardrive

Hi,
my system's down, so i reinstall windows xp, but the setup can show sreen
that no hardisk detected.
Hardisk in bios ok
view hardisk in partition magic is ok
view in dos is ok
so I don't know why
Just heard about that no hardisk detect sp1 install to the one with sp2
installed???
2 answers Last reply
More about windows detect hardrive

    Hi,

    Have you used Partition Magic to partition the Hdd?
    If yes, have you created the 2 rescue disks when you installed PM?
    If yes, use them to recover the OS.
    If no, boot into BIOS and change the CD-rom to be the first boot device then
    save and exit BIOS setup. Boot from the XP CD, delete all partitions and
    perform a clean installation of XP.
    Warning: all data files would be lost.

    Peter

    "MTT" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > my system's down, so i reinstall windows xp, but the setup can show sreen
    > that no hardisk detected.
    > Hardisk in bios ok
    > view hardisk in partition magic is ok
    > view in dos is ok
    > so I don't know why
    > Just heard about that no hardisk detect sp1 install to the one with sp2
    > installed???

    Hi,
    I've re-partition the hdd.
    boot from winxp setup CD, but when running setup, get massage "windows did
    not detect hardisk ........ press F3 to exit"

    Minh

    > Hi,
    >
    > Have you used Partition Magic to partition the Hdd?
    > If yes, have you created the 2 rescue disks when you installed PM?
    > If yes, use them to recover the OS.
    > If no, boot into BIOS and change the CD-rom to be the first boot device
    > then
    > save and exit BIOS setup. Boot from the XP CD, delete all partitions and
    > perform a clean installation of XP.
    > Warning: all data files would be lost.
    >
    > Peter
    >

    > "MTT" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> my system's down, so i reinstall windows xp, but the setup can show sreen
    >> that no hardisk detected.
    >> Hardisk in bios ok
    >> view hardisk in partition magic is ok
    >> view in dos is ok
    >> so I don't know why
    >> Just heard about that no hardisk detect sp1 install to the one with sp2
    >> installed???

Partition Magic Windows XP