Hi,
my system's down, so i reinstall windows xp, but the setup can show sreen
that no hardisk detected.
Hardisk in bios ok
view hardisk in partition magic is ok
view in dos is ok
so I don't know why
Just heard about that no hardisk detect sp1 install to the one with sp2
installed???

peter

Hi,

Have you used Partition Magic to partition the Hdd?
If yes, have you created the 2 rescue disks when you installed PM?
If yes, use them to recover the OS.
If no, boot into BIOS and change the CD-rom to be the first boot device then
save and exit BIOS setup. Boot from the XP CD, delete all partitions and
perform a clean installation of XP.
Warning: all data files would be lost.

Peter

"MTT" wrote:

> Hi,
> my system's down, so i reinstall windows xp, but the setup can show sreen
> that no hardisk detected.
> Hardisk in bios ok
> view hardisk in partition magic is ok
> view in dos is ok
> so I don't know why
> Just heard about that no hardisk detect sp1 install to the one with sp2
> installed???

Hi,
I've re-partition the hdd.
boot from winxp setup CD, but when running setup, get massage "windows did
not detect hardisk ........ press F3 to exit"

Minh