Top of the line hardware?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest features and highest
end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be looking for?
I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer itself, not including
the display.

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Steve wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest features and highest
> end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be looking for?
> I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer itself, not including
> the display.

Check out www.mwave.com. Go to catalog, computers, for some ideas about
systems. You don't need to spend $3,500 to get a top end system that
will be obsolete in four years.

Good luck, jimbo

Most computer hardware is generic, IMHO. Finish, color cost
extra.

There are premium components available, often sold for
military and server use. The latest components may not be
milspec but they will be high dollar just because they are
new.

Decide what you intend to do with the computer, games or
high reliability data require different hardware. Games
need the fastest graphics, now PCI Express. So look for a
motherboard with PCI Express that uses your choice of Intel
or AMD CPU (AMD has 64 bit). Then select RAM to match the
mobo, I've heard that Mushlin or Corsair are top line.

If you build your own you can select all the best, or you
can buy a system from Falcon or Alienware, or even the top
line Dell.

"Steve" <steveatnowhere@nowdoesnotexist.com> wrote in
message news:ORdyWFozEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
|I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest
features and highest
| end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I
should be looking for?
| I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer
itself, not including
| the display.

Why not just go to a computer store and pick the most expensive in stock?..

"Steve" <steveatnowhere@nowdoesnotexist.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest features and highest
> end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be looking
> for?
> I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer itself, not including
> the display.

Or, purchase a copy of 'Maximum PC' magazine for insight....

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:18:06 -0500, "Mike Hall"
<mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Why not just go to a computer store and pick the most expensive in stock?..
>

>"Steve" <steveatnowhere@nowdoesnotexist.com> wrote in message
>>I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest features and highest
>> end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be looking
>> for?
>> I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer itself, not including
>> the display.

Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond.
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

"Steve" <steveatnowhere@nowdoesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:<ORdyWFozEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> I am looking to buy a new computer with all the latest features and highest
> end components. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be looking for?
> I am willing to spend up to $3,500 for the computer itself, not including
> the display.

Hello, Try Morelpc--Alienware--Falcon. Should be able to have one
built for under $2800. Besides viewing these sites use the 800 numbers
and e-mail for information concerning a individual build from these
companies.
Take Care.
beamish.

$3,500? You've got to be kidding, Right? Without a monitor?

What do you want to do with the computer? Games? Graphics?
database/spreadsheets from work? Monitor? CRT flat screen 19 or 21 inch is
best for graphics but those new flat panels are great for most anything
else. Think about it's use and order the parts accordingly. If you've ever
replaced any of the parts (hard drive, memory, etc.) you know that building
your own is not a big deal. Otherwise, got to HP, Dell, or any other big
assemblers and buy the biggest and the best. Remember, they'll help you spec
it out based on your needs.

Anyway, your $3,500 would get you just about any hardware and software you
could want for a high-end machine with the very latest components.

Go to Sharky's Extreme website and take a look at their monthly high-end
gaming machine and the way they spec it out. Hard to find a faster computer
than those and then either build it or order accordingly.

I envy you! Wish I had $3,500 to spend on a new system but, alas, I'll have
to limp along with my 2 GB Athlon XP.

Photodan

Falcon Northwest will sell you a very nice computer, they
even offer a $2,000 paint job and matching keyboard and
mouse. Since computers are obsolete in a matter of weeks or
months, why not buy a top line machine for about $1,500 and
save the rest for the replacement you'll want in 6 months
anyway?

"PhotoDan" <dbarhamjr(delete)@comNOcast.net> wrote in
message news:%23AXmg37zEHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| $3,500? You've got to be kidding, Right? Without a
monitor?

| What do you want to do with the computer? Games? Graphics?
| database/spreadsheets from work? Monitor? CRT flat screen
19 or 21 inch is
| best for graphics but those new flat panels are great for
most anything
| else. Think about it's use and order the parts
accordingly. If you've ever
| replaced any of the parts (hard drive, memory, etc.) you
know that building
| your own is not a big deal. Otherwise, got to HP, Dell, or
any other big
| assemblers and buy the biggest and the best. Remember,
they'll help you spec
| it out based on your needs.
|
| Anyway, your $3,500 would get you just about any hardware
and software you
| could want for a high-end machine with the very latest
components.

| Go to Sharky's Extreme website and take a look at their
monthly high-end
| gaming machine and the way they spec it out. Hard to find
a faster computer
| than those and then either build it or order accordingly.
|
| I envy you! Wish I had $3,500 to spend on a new system
but, alas, I'll have
| to limp along with my 2 GB Athlon XP.
|
| Photodan

Hello;
You just email me your check for 3500.00 and I will send you a
top-of-the-line, first rate system. And I will even pay the shipping cost
(USA of course).
ric.eve-at-gmail.com

LOL, I'll do it for $3400
PO Box 12603
Wichita KS USA
48 States only

not really an offer or solicitation

"Hello World" <Notevenme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
| Hello;
| You just email me your check for 3500.00 and I will send
you a
| top-of-the-line, first rate system. And I will even pay
the shipping cost
| (USA of course).
| ric.eve-at-gmail.com

Do I hear 33, I got 34, I want 33, 33. <VBG>

Jim Macklin wrote:

> LOL, I'll do it for $3400
> PO Box 12603
> Wichita KS USA
> 48 States only
>

> not really an offer or solicitation

Ok, how about 3101.99....
FINAL (unless I am under bid again).........