Not able to continue past Windows Logo testing notice

I am trying to install a MP3 player interface software on my PC w/ WinXP Home
and cannot get the driver to load. I am told that I should be able to
continue when I receive the notice that the driver I am using does meet
Windows Logo testing requirements. However, it just tells me that the
installation will not continue and just gives me an "OK" option. I have asked
the manufacturer if they have a different driver and they said no. ANy help
would be greatly appreciated!!!

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"JediJTH" <JediJTH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a MP3 player interface software on my PC w/
>WinXP Home
> and cannot get the driver to load. I am told that I should be able to
> continue when I receive the notice that the driver I am using does
> meet
> Windows Logo testing requirements. However, it just tells me that the
> installation will not continue and just gives me an "OK" option. I
> have asked
> the manufacturer if they have a different driver and they said no. ANy
> help
> would be greatly appreciated!!!

You are saying there is only and only one action you can choose in the
dialog window that appears saying the software you are about to install
has not been certified? Seems like there were always 2 actions, abort
or continue. Sounds like you keep selecting the abort action.

I do not get any option to continue at all. I can send you a screen shot if
you would like.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "JediJTH" <JediJTH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install a MP3 player interface software on my PC w/
> >WinXP Home
> > and cannot get the driver to load. I am told that I should be able to
> > continue when I receive the notice that the driver I am using does
> > meet
> > Windows Logo testing requirements. However, it just tells me that the
> > installation will not continue and just gives me an "OK" option. I
> > have asked
> > the manufacturer if they have a different driver and they said no. ANy
> > help
> > would be greatly appreciated!!!
>

> You are saying there is only and only one action you can choose in the
> dialog window that appears saying the software you are about to install
> has not been certified? Seems like there were always 2 actions, abort
> or continue. Sounds like you keep selecting the abort action.

> ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ********
> Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

What are your driver signing settings?

System Properties control panel, Hardware tab, Driver Signing button. I
leave mine set at "warn", so I'll be asked if I wish to proceed. If you
leave it set to "block", you can't install unsigned drivers.

Address scrambled. nkbob should be bobkn.