DVD Drives Cause System Freeze

CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I put a new Sony dual layer DVD burner in my PC and I found that the system
freezes when I try to play a DVD. This happens for my other DVD-ROM as well.
It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. I insert the DVD and
autoplay tries to start the disc. It quickly freezes up, however. The only
way to recover is the reset button.

Any suggestions as to how to correct the problem?

Is your Power Supply adequate enough for an additional drive? What DvD
software program are you using? Do you have
the Region set correctly?

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Is your Power Supply adequate enough for an additional drive? What DvD
> software program are you using? Do you have
> the Region set correctly?
> "CT" <CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I put a new Sony dual layer DVD burner in my PC and I found that the
> >system
> > freezes when I try to play a DVD. This happens for my other DVD-ROM as
> > well.
> > It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. I insert the DVD and
> > autoplay tries to start the disc. It quickly freezes up, however. The
> > only
> > way to recover is the reset button.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to correct the problem?

Yes, the power supply is more than powerful enough. I am currently using
Intervideo WinDVD 6 Platinum. Yes, the region is set correctly.