Robert

I dont have a hardware problem but Idont know which group to ask, but
Im sure someone will advise. I run sisoft on my system and it tells me
that Hyperthreading is not properly installed. Im useing a p4 3.2ghz
with hypertheading. Ive read through several posts that say to check
device manager and bios. Bios is enabled for hyperthreading, and in
device manager the computer shows as ACPI Multiprocessor. Im using xp
home which from what Ive read supports hyperthreading. Ive been
searching for a solution and the only ones I can find refer to either
bios or device manager not showing correct details. Also in system
info and task manager only one cpu shows. Can anybody through some
light on this. As I say its not causing any conflict issues just
annoying to have something and not use it. Thanks in advance
Regards Robert

Go to intel.com,downloads/software,processor software,P4,thier are a few
utilitys you can download and run.Intel has all kinds of info on
hyperthreading.

Robert wrote:

> I dont have a hardware problem but Idont know which group to ask, but
> Im sure someone will advise. I run sisoft on my system and it tells me
> that Hyperthreading is not properly installed. Im useing a p4 3.2ghz
> with hypertheading. Ive read through several posts that say to check
> device manager and bios. Bios is enabled for hyperthreading, and in
> device manager the computer shows as ACPI Multiprocessor. Im using xp
> home which from what Ive read supports hyperthreading. Ive been
> searching for a solution and the only ones I can find refer to either
> bios or device manager not showing correct details. Also in system
> info and task manager only one cpu shows. Can anybody through some
> light on this. As I say its not causing any conflict issues just
> annoying to have something and not use it. Thanks in advance
> Regards Robert

Sandra has been wrong before - why not check with Windows to see if HT
is in use: use Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager, then click
on Performance, then on View, then on CPU History -- if it offers you
a choice of "...All CPUs" or "...Per CPU" then HT is in place.
--
Cheers, Bob