External USB HDD

HELP!

I have recently bought a 2.5" HDD housing kit and HDD, I have plugged it to
my PC and has found it as an UNKNOWN DEVICE

I have gone through the necessary steps that I think I need to do and cannot
get it to work

It has been tested on other machines and it works!

I have XP Pro OS and this device should work automatically?

Any one got ANY suggestions??

Rgds

Fitchy!

If it works on other computers, the problem is the computer you are
trying to connect it to. Here is what I would do:

Disconnect the problem device and open the Registry Editor
(Start-Run-regedit). Navigate to HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\USB and look for
the folder containing information about the problematic device. Now
right click on the folder labeled Vid_Xxxx that contains the information
about the problematic device and click Permission. Allow full control
of the key, then right click on it and delete it. Now reboot and try
again.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)

Fitchy wrote:
> HELP!
>
> I have recently bought a 2.5" HDD housing kit and HDD, I have plugged it to
> my PC and has found it as an UNKNOWN DEVICE
>
> I have gone through the necessary steps that I think I need to do and cannot
> get it to work
>
> It has been tested on other machines and it works!
>
> I have XP Pro OS and this device should work automatically?
>
> Any one got ANY suggestions??
>

> Rgds
>
> Fitchy!

TRENDING THREADS