mani

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2004

Hi

I bought a new DELL INspiron 8600 laptop and I have a problem with
accessing my emails particularly Hotmail and Yahoo. Once I try to
signon to hotmail, it hangs on for a whle and displays "Page not
found" Whereas in Yahoo it takes me till the page which shows the No.
of mails in Inbox. But however if I click on the INBOX, the end result
is same

I have deleted all files (temp internet), deleted cookies and tried
everything but of no avail?

Could somebody enlighten me what else needs to be done?

Anybody else facing a similiar situation?

Thx in advance

mani

Mani wrote:
> Hi
>
> I bought a new DELL INspiron 8600 laptop and I have a problem with
> accessing my emails particularly Hotmail and Yahoo. Once I try to
> signon to hotmail, it hangs on for a whle and displays "Page not
> found" Whereas in Yahoo it takes me till the page which shows the No.
> of mails in Inbox. But however if I click on the INBOX, the end result
> is same
>
> I have deleted all files (temp internet), deleted cookies and tried
> everything but of no avail?
>
> Could somebody enlighten me what else needs to be done?
>
> Anybody else facing a similiar situation?
>

> Thx in advance
>
> mani
A couple of questions
What version of explorer are you using?
Have you used another browser like firefox to try to access your accounts?
Are you using an AV and/or firewall?
Are you using any spyware scanners?
Has this always been the case or is this a recent issue?
Are you using XP with all updates installed?
-max

--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros