How fast can I get my motherboard going?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2004 9:01:32 PM

I've got a one-year old GA-7VAX motherboard with an Athlon XP 2100 in there
running at 266FSB. Not sure what the RAM is (any tool tell me that?).

I'd like to consider increasing the performance to it's maximum - how fast
can I push this board, i.e. what's the fastest Athlon XP I can us in it and
what RAM would I need to run at full bus speed (333FSB)?

Thanks, Rob.

More about : fast motherboard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2004 6:24:30 PM

"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@NOSPAM_informed-direct.com> wrote in message
> I've got a one-year old GA-7VAX motherboard with an Athlon XP 2100 in
there
> running at 266FSB. Not sure what the RAM is (any tool tell me that?).

AIDA32 will but they have pulled thier site for some reason but I bet
you can still find it somewhere.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupport...

!