What's the ideal MoBo temp for GA-7VT600?

Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about what ideal mobo temp 7vt600

    "Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message

    > Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
    > Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
    > Thanks for any help.

    that is very hot, where are you death valley?

    "Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
    > Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
    > Thanks for any help.

    mobo temp should not exceed 45c since most IC's are only certified for temps
    up to 50c. I guess your CPU must be near the boiling point?

    St.

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:13:28 GMT, "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com>
    wrote:

    >"Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message
    >> Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
    >> Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >
    >mobo temp should not exceed 45c since most IC's are only certified for temps
    >up to 50c. I guess your CPU must be near the boiling point?
    >
    >St.
    Thanks for the help.
    Wow. I didn't realise it was that hot!!!!
    I can only assume it's lack of ventilation. I've have one fan on the
    chip and another on the PSU. Reading through some of the posts here it
    would appear that is not enough ventilation.
    Through reading the posts I also heard about cooling gel that is
    placed between the chip and fan. When I suggested this to my supplier
    he pointed to a copper base on the chip and said it was better than
    the gel. Obviously he was wrong as my MB is running so hot.
    The hot board must also be responsible for the PC restarting whenever
    I use a CPU intensive program.
    If anyone can recommend a specific fan or some method of cooling I
    would be grateful.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Hi,

    Point that dealer to this news group and get him to ask about
    recommendations etc on use of heat gunk and he will get from me at least a
    nice tutorial on what should be done.

    My expedient yet, point him to the arcticsilver site and make sure he reads
    it. I would suggest that he owes you a lot for this as he will save himself
    a lot of time on warrantee returns, irate customers, and a bad reputation.

    - Tim

    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:13:28 GMT, "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message
    >>> Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
    >>> Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >>mobo temp should not exceed 45c since most IC's are only certified for
    >>temps
    >>up to 50c. I guess your CPU must be near the boiling point?
    >>
    >>St.
    > Thanks for the help.
    > Wow. I didn't realise it was that hot!!!!
    > I can only assume it's lack of ventilation. I've have one fan on the
    > chip and another on the PSU. Reading through some of the posts here it
    > would appear that is not enough ventilation.
    > Through reading the posts I also heard about cooling gel that is
    > placed between the chip and fan. When I suggested this to my supplier
    > he pointed to a copper base on the chip and said it was better than
    > the gel. Obviously he was wrong as my MB is running so hot.
    > The hot board must also be responsible for the PC restarting whenever
    > I use a CPU intensive program.
    > If anyone can recommend a specific fan or some method of cooling I
    > would be grateful.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Wait a minute. You asked about the Moterboard temp. That should be barely
    above room temp if you have adequate cooling in your case - should be
    roughly 22C to 26C. Your processor temp will be greately affected by the
    motherboard temp but it shouldn't be above 60c even after 100% operation for
    an extended period of time. This is the processor temp, not the motherboard
    temp I'm speaking of here. Generally, if your room temp is around 23C, you
    ought to be able to maintain a CPU temp of below 50C without any exotic
    cooling measures.

    With the gel and copper base, you're talking apples & oranges. A
    copper-based cooler will tend to absorb heat better than a cooler made of
    most other metals (aluminum is common). The gels, or compounds like Artic
    Silver are used in minute quantities to fill in tiny gaps between the
    surface of the processor and the surface of the cooler. The layer of
    compound should be extremely thin, almost transparent. If properly applied,
    it will help your cooler transfer heat from the CPU.

    Guy, this is basic stuff. It is among the material one should know before
    he/she begins to build a machine these days. In the long run, that
    knowledge will help save you a lot of money and worry in damaged components
    or inefficient machines. AMD has several good documents available on their
    web site. Ditto other sites like Tom's Hardware.
    d.

    "Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:13:28 GMT, "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Anthropy" <blah@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > >> Mines running about 60c. While I'm here what's the ideal power supply?
    > >> Right now its hooked up to 300w PSU.
    > >> Thanks for any help.
    > >
    > >mobo temp should not exceed 45c since most IC's are only certified for
    temps
    > >up to 50c. I guess your CPU must be near the boiling point?
    > >
    > >St.
    > Thanks for the help.
    > Wow. I didn't realise it was that hot!!!!
    > I can only assume it's lack of ventilation. I've have one fan on the
    > chip and another on the PSU. Reading through some of the posts here it
    > would appear that is not enough ventilation.
    > Through reading the posts I also heard about cooling gel that is
    > placed between the chip and fan. When I suggested this to my supplier
    > he pointed to a copper base on the chip and said it was better than
    > the gel. Obviously he was wrong as my MB is running so hot.
    > The hot board must also be responsible for the PC restarting whenever
    > I use a CPU intensive program.
    > If anyone can recommend a specific fan or some method of cooling I
    > would be grateful.

Gigabyte Power Supplies Motherboards