Can't rename dvd drives

Tim

Help! I cannot rename the default names of my two dvd drives (ie, the default
names that appear when the drives are empty). Right clicking the dvd drive
does not have the "rename" option (like it does on the hard drives). Disk
Management does not have the option of renaming, just reassigning drive
letters.

Any fix?

Tim wrote:
> Help! I cannot rename the default names of my two dvd drives (ie, the
> default names that appear when the drives are empty). Right clicking
> the dvd drive does not have the "rename" option (like it does on the
> hard drives). Disk Management does not have the option of renaming,
> just reassigning drive letters.
>
> Any fix?

Fix for what?
Nothing in the drive - nothing to really name.

--
<- Shenan ->

If you place a CD in the drive, it takes on the name of the CD..

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
>>Help! I cannot rename the default names of my two dvd drives (ie, the
>>default names that appear when the drives are empty). Right clicking
>>the dvd drive does not have the "rename" option (like it does on the
>>hard drives). Disk Management does not have the option of renaming,
>>just reassigning drive letters.
>>
>>Any fix?
>

> Fix for what?
> Nothing in the drive - nothing to really name.

Sure there is. XP has to put SOMETHING up for the name and icon of an empty
drive. Why not let the user change it? I suspect there's a registry entry
for them.

/dan

Daniel Ganek wrote:
> Sure there is. XP has to put SOMETHING up for the name and icon of an
> empty drive. Why not let the user change it? I suspect there's a
> registry entry for them.

That wouldn't be a "fix". That would be a "hack".
If there is nothing broken, you aren't really fixing it, you may be
customizing it, but you are not fixing it.

For the customizers out there:

You will have to create some of the keys.
You don't have to change both the icon and the label if you don't want to.

--
<- Shenan ->