bluetooth com port

November 22, 2004 1:54:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi all.
Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter ?
I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to COM26
but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu use
them.
How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23

Thanks

More about : bluetooth port

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 1:54:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I am just going to throw out a guess on this one. My guess is the bluetooth
adapter has it's own com port which is added when it is installed. Therefore
the way to disable the com port would be to disable the adapter. No other
device would be able to use the com port provided by the adapter. I suggest
not messing the the com ports, there is usually a better fix. What is the
problem by the way? Maybe we can find an alternative solution to your
problem.

Thanks,

John
americantechie.com

"Alberto" wrote:

> Hi all.
> Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter ?
> I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to COM26
> but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu use
> them.
> How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 2:40:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:54:12 +0100, "Alberto"
<a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote:

>Hi all.
>Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter ?
>I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to COM26
>but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu use
>them.
>How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23

With your gizmo installed, go to device manager and open the
propertys of comport it has been assigned to, and click on the
advanced button. In the lower left is the comport drop down that
has comports 1 thru 256. Open the list and scroll up to the
comport you want to use, like 5. It may say it is in use (it
shouldn't be if you have nothing else connected), but just ignore
the conflict warning and chose ok. XP has a flaw where it
assigns a new comport number to USB comport port devices each
time they are plugged in.
November 22, 2004 3:08:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Ok this is not a big problem.
The fact is, if I add a portable phone to bluetooth devices I can see it on
COM10.
If i delete the phone for bluetooth devices and add it again I see it on
COM11
and so on. (com port numer increse always. if I go to see in HW resorces I
still see COM10 is use but nothing is connected of it, becuase the only
phone I'm using is on COM11)
At the end I can find the end of com ports .....
"AmericanTechie" <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:9A09AA86-7798-4D82-BC17-2AFC92D6E724@microsoft.com...
>I am just going to throw out a guess on this one. My guess is the
>bluetooth
> adapter has it's own com port which is added when it is installed.
> Therefore
> the way to disable the com port would be to disable the adapter. No other
> device would be able to use the com port provided by the adapter. I
> suggest
> not messing the the com ports, there is usually a better fix. What is the
> problem by the way? Maybe we can find an alternative solution to your
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
> americantechie.com
>
> "Alberto" wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter ?
>> I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to COM26
>> but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu use
>> them.
>> How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23
>>
>> Thanks

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 3:31:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I _think_ those COM ports should be found in device manager (Start->Run:
devmgmt.msc and Ports) delete them from there...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> kirjoitti viestissä
> Ok this is not a big problem.
> The fact is, if I add a portable phone to bluetooth devices I can see it
on
> COM10.
> If i delete the phone for bluetooth devices and add it again I see it on
> COM11
> and so on. (com port numer increse always. if I go to see in HW resorces I
> still see COM10 is use but nothing is connected of it, becuase the only
> phone I'm using is on COM11)
> At the end I can find the end of com ports .....
> "AmericanTechie" <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:9A09AA86-7798-4D82-BC17-2AFC92D6E724@microsoft.com...
> >I am just going to throw out a guess on this one. My guess is the
> >bluetooth
> > adapter has it's own com port which is added when it is installed.
> > Therefore
> > the way to disable the com port would be to disable the adapter. No
other
> > device would be able to use the com port provided by the adapter. I
> > suggest
> > not messing the the com ports, there is usually a better fix. What is
the
> > problem by the way? Maybe we can find an alternative solution to your
> > problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
> > americantechie.com
> >
> > "Alberto" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all.
> >> Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter
?
> >> I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to
COM26
> >> but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu
use
> >> them.
> >> How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23
> >>
> >> Thanks

January 22, 2005 3:09:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I am having the same problem. I am now at com 11. I am using my bluetooth in
conjunction with activesync. Activesync is on'y able to connect to ports 1-9
it appears and I can no loger connect. Has anyone figured out how to reclaim
those ports?

"Alberto" wrote:

> Hi all.
> Is it possible to cancel/delete the com port used by bluetooth adapter ?
> I have done some attempt with two phone and now I am using COM24 to COM26
> but from COM3 to COM 23 thay are all free but Is impossible for me tu use
> them.
> How can I reuse or delete COM3 -> COM23
>
> Thanks

January 22, 2005 5:22:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=bluetooth%20c....*&as_drrb=b&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2001&as_maxd=31&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2005&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bluetooth+com+port...

--
All the Best,