Stephen

Windows XP Pro SP2, USB 1.1. I have a RCA Lyra 2010 mp3 player for which I
am consistently receiving "Delay Write Failed" error messages. I am not sure
what the problem is or how to correct it. I have tried rebooting, switching
USB ports, disabling the anti-virus, testing to see if it is perhaps the same
corrupted song that is causing the problem, but so far, nothing has worked.
The device runs on USB 2.0, but the company states that the device is
bacwards compatible. I have gone through the manual and there is no mention
of the problem. I have tried contacting their technical support, but they
seem pretty useless thus far.

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

peter

Hi,

Is this happened after installed SP2?
If yes, the USB drivers may not be properly installed or you need to update
the MP3 firmware.
Disconnect any USB devices. Boot in safe mode and lock in as administrator.
Go to device manager, double click the universal serial bus controller.
Right click on the xxx PCI to USB Open Host controller and then click
uninstall, click OK. Uninstall the XXX PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller as
well.
Exit device manager and reboot. Windows should found new hardwares and
install the USB drivers. Reconnect the USB devices each at one time. Ensure
the device is working properly before connecting the other USB deivices.

If still no avail, try download and update the firmware for your MP3 from
the manufacturer's website. Ensure to strictly follow the firmware update
procedures as failing to do so may cause permanent damages to the MP3 player.

Peter

"Stephen" wrote:

> Windows XP Pro SP2, USB 1.1. I have a RCA Lyra 2010 mp3 player for which I
> am consistently receiving "Delay Write Failed" error messages. I am not sure
> what the problem is or how to correct it. I have tried rebooting, switching
> USB ports, disabling the anti-virus, testing to see if it is perhaps the same
> corrupted song that is causing the problem, but so far, nothing has worked.
> The device runs on USB 2.0, but the company states that the device is
> bacwards compatible. I have gone through the manual and there is no mention
> of the problem. I have tried contacting their technical support, but they
> seem pretty useless thus far.
>
> Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

How are you disconnecting the Lyra from your computer? You must use the
Safely Remove Hardware icon to prevent this error from happening. If
you are using that and it is still happening, you may want to update
your chipset (motherboard) drivers, format the Lyra's disk, then load
your songs back on it and try using the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)