I am looking for a confirmation on the latest firmware that is available for
a IOMEGA 750MB ZIP drive. Microsoft Windows XP Professional is complaining
that the drive has outdated firmware which can result in reduced
performance.

My ZIP firmware is 80.a, and I cannot get anyone at IOMEGA to answer my
simple question related to the firmware levels.

--
Regards
Robert Willis

peter

Hi,

go to
http://www.iomega.com/datahandler/servlet/dataprocess/driverlist?database=steerdown

Peter

"Robert Willis" wrote:

> I am looking for a confirmation on the latest firmware that is available for
> a IOMEGA 750MB ZIP drive. Microsoft Windows XP Professional is complaining
> that the drive has outdated firmware which can result in reduced
> performance.
>
> My ZIP firmware is 80.a, and I cannot get anyone at IOMEGA to answer my
> simple question related to the firmware levels.
>
> --
> Regards
> Robert Willis

Peter:

The software drivers are not the issue. Microsoft XP Professional is
reporting a firmware problem and IOMEGA is either unwilling or unable to
provide me with an answer to this simple question.

Thanks for trying to help.

Robert

"Robert Willis" <robert-willis@swbell.net> wrote in message
| Peter:
|
| The software drivers are not the issue. Microsoft XP Professional is
| reporting a firmware problem and IOMEGA is either unwilling or unable to
| provide me with an answer to this simple question.
|

| Thanks for trying to help.
|
| Robert
|

| "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| >
| > go to

http://www.iomega.com/datahandler/servlet/dataprocess/driverlist?database=st
eerdown

| > Peter
| >
| > "Robert Willis" wrote:
| >
| >> I am looking for a confirmation on the latest firmware that is
available
| >> for
| >> a IOMEGA 750MB ZIP drive. Microsoft Windows XP Professional is
| >> complaining
| >> that the drive has outdated firmware which can result in reduced
| >> performance.
| >>
| >> My ZIP firmware is 80.a, and I cannot get anyone at IOMEGA to answer
my
| >> simple question related to the firmware levels.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Regards
| >> Robert Willis

If you do need a firmware update, and Iomega won't answer your questions,
where will you get the update?

I am attempting do determine if there is another firmware version available
and if so I will RMA my drive as defective and gent them to send me another
one. IOMEGA's technical support is unwilling to even look at their 750MB ZIP
diagnostic pages to tell me what firmware is in there units. In fact five of
the technical support personnel confirmed that they did not have ANY Iomega
products installed in their computers. It was apparent that they were
reading from a script.

Do you have a IOMEGA 750MB Zip installed ???

Robert Willis wrote:

> I am attempting do determine if there is another firmware version available
> and if so I will RMA my drive as defective and gent them to send me another
> one. IOMEGA's technical support is unwilling to even look at their 750MB ZIP
> diagnostic pages to tell me what firmware is in there units. In fact five of
> the technical support personnel confirmed that they did not have ANY Iomega
> products installed in their computers. It was apparent that they were
> reading from a script.
>
> Do you have a IOMEGA 750MB Zip installed ???

You said that XP is "complaining." Can you explain? Where is the
"complaint" coming from, and when does it happen?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional is generating the error message and it is
showing up in the Event Viewer and is listed under the system tab. It
happens at random about every 30-40 minutes. I will hear a single click and
then the error is typically posted.

The Event Viewer is located in the Administrative Tools which is located in
the Control Panel.

"Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message

> You said that XP is "complaining." Can you explain? Where is the
> "complaint" coming from, and when does it happen?

peter

Hi,

Pls post back the exact warning messages to NG.
BTW, what is the model of your Zip drive, internal ATAPI drive or external
USB 2.0/Fireware drive?
What are the softwares/versions for Iomega Zip drive that you have installed?

Peter

Robert Willis wrote:
> I am looking for a confirmation on the latest firmware that is available for
> a IOMEGA 750MB ZIP drive. Microsoft Windows XP Professional is complaining
> that the drive has outdated firmware which can result in reduced
> performance.
>
> My ZIP firmware is 80.a, and I cannot get anyone at IOMEGA to answer my
> simple question related to the firmware levels.

Start here: http://www.iomega.com/software/driverhome.html

courtney sends....

peter

Countney,

It had been posted in the very beginning.

Peter