I wonder how much memory WinXP pro Eng can use. I have now 4096MB but Xp only
shows 3.00GB.

Beken,

According to microsoft (here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/features.mspx ) -
" Supports up to 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and up to two symmetric
multiprocessors. "
for windows XP Pro.

Best Regards,
G. Samuel Hays

-
| " Supports up to 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and up to two
symmetric
| multiprocessors. "
| for windows XP Pro.
|
| Best Regards,
| G. Samuel Hays
|

| "Beken" <Beken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I wonder how much memory WinXP pro Eng can use. I have
now 4096MB but Xp
| >only
| > shows 3.00GB.

A 32 bit OS can address a maximum of 4 GB (2^32) but your
issue may be the motherboard. Many mobo will not support
the 4 GB maximum. (Mine is 2 GB limited) your mobo may be
limited to 3 GB.