Thermaltake Releases its Water 2.0 All-in-one LCS Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

can you say asetek? The danish inventer of all this closed loop watercooling! Everybody else is only licensees. Get your facts straight!

G

@hasten
ups yes I forgot about Coolit. But their design is different I believe. Not a closed loop but a built together radiator and pump? I think I see a quick coupling or 2...maybe I am wrong, I am sure you will tell me.
greetings

richard694000

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I was just thinking out load that if intel would make there new chips run hotter the water cooling bussnes wouldn't be hurting so much after we released the sandybridge that overclocked well on air after market coolers.

halcyon

Splendid
Nothing wrong with another "me too" product. It looks like its time for Tom's to do an article/benchmarks for noise and cooling with the current crop of closed loops liquid coolers. ...perhaps compare them to a the real thing as well.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]12cm?!?!?! those are waaay larger than the standard 120mm!![/citation]

Forgive me i was tired, and this comment was funny to me, at that pre-coffee moment.

I second the want of the db/cooling benches for the new batch of cl water coolers.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
interesting! im considering a Corsair H100 as a purchase soon - the only problem i have with the H100 is the fan control - you have to pull the side of the case and change the fan speed using the dial on the waterblock itself - the Water 2.0 Extreme has software control which is exactly what i want - so im keen to see a Water 2.0 Extreme vs H100 test to see if the Thermaltake option can do as well as the H100

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]MAC_HATER[/nom]interesting! im considering a Corsair H100 as a purchase soon - the only problem i have with the H100 is the fan control - you have to pull the side of the case and change the fan speed using the dial on the waterblock itself - the Water 2.0 Extreme has software control which is exactly what i want - so im keen to see a Water 2.0 Extreme vs H100 test to see if the Thermaltake option can do as well as the H100[/citation]
You don't have to use the H100's built-in fan control. You can plug the fans into your mobo or a fan controller (that's what I did) and have very accessible and precise control.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]papaswedine[/nom]I've been reading reports that the Water 2.0 units are more quiet than the Corsairs.. I'm down for quiet[/citation]
The Corsairs fans are killer. While pushing a lot of air through that radiator they're just too loud. A flaw in my eyes. I chose to use 4 x Scythe S-Flex in a push-pull on my H100 and it's dramatically quieter. ...the price the enthusiasts pay is that we're picky.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]First off it's "inventor". Secondly, you are forgetting Coolit.Let's get our facts straight.[/citation]
Yay for CiilIt. A company so effing stupid they make the cooling system sound an alarm if the temp drops below 20C. What a pack of morans!! The whole point of their gear is to run at as low a temp as possible, and then they make it squeal like a piggy, making the PC unusable, when it actually does what its supposed to.
I'm NEVER going to buy any of their shit products again, or any of their stuff that gets re branded and sold by others. They are utter idiots and their customer service is atrocious.
The solution for the low temp alarm was to "just run a CPU stress utility to keep the temp above 20C". Bunch of complete pricks!!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Yay for CiilIt. A company so effing stupid they make the cooling system sound an alarm if the temp drops below 20C. What a pack of morans!! The whole point of their gear is to run at as low a temp as possible, and then they make it squeal like a piggy, making the PC unusable, when it actually does what its supposed to.I'm NEVER going to buy any of their shit products again, or any of their stuff that gets re branded and sold by others. They are utter idiots and their customer service is atrocious.The solution for the low temp alarm was to "just run a CPU stress utility to keep the temp above 20C". Bunch of complete pricks!![/citation]
You couldn't find a more constructive mature way to express that? I'm just say'n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS