Anyone Know DOS Here?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I need help to write a short DOS file to delete everything in:
C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
C:\ drive, I type <cd\windows\tempor~1>
I go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
If I type <Del*.*>
Everything inside the folder deleted.

To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\
I type <cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1\>
I get Invalid directory

Below is my "Clean.bat"

Start==================
cls
cd c:\windows\cookies
del *.*

cd\windows\temp
Del *.*

cd\windows\tempor~1
Del *.*

cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1
Del *.*

e:\
cd\everest\adcache
del *.*
end==============

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

Neither of the News Groups you posted to are apropos to DOS scripting.

Please post On Topic matter !

Dave

"Jim B" <Jimmydud@abcdnet.net> wrote in message news:10fr6p9epkbuibd@corp.supernews.com...

| I need help to write a short DOS file to delete everything in:
| C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
|
| To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
| C:\ drive, I type <cd\windows\tempor~1>
| I go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
| If I type <Del*.*>
| Everything inside the folder deleted.
|
| To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\
| I type <cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1\>
| I get Invalid directory
|
| Below is my "Clean.bat"
|
| Start==================
| cls
| cd c:\windows\cookies
| del *.*
|
| cd\windows\temp
| Del *.*
|
| cd\windows\tempor~1
| Del *.*
|
| cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1
| Del *.*
|
| e:\
| cd\everest\adcache
| del *.*
| end==============

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

try;
DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.TMP
DELTREE /Y C:\TEMP\*.*
DELTREE /Y C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\*.*
DELTREE /Y "C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5"

"Jim B" <Jimmydud@abcdnet.net> wrote in message

> I need help to write a short DOS file to delete everything in:
> C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
>
> To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
> C:\ drive, I type <cd\windows\tempor~1>
> I go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
> If I type <Del*.*>
> Everything inside the folder deleted.
>
> To go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\
> I type <cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1\>
> I get Invalid directory
>
> Below is my "Clean.bat"
>
> Start==================
> cls
> cd c:\windows\cookies
> del *.*
>
> cd\windows\temp
> Del *.*
>
> cd\windows\tempor~1
> Del *.*
>
> cd\windows\tempor~1\conten~1
> Del *.*
>
> e:\
> cd\everest\adcache
> del *.*
> end==============

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

True, XP doesn't have a "real" DOS but there is a DOS-like command prompt
environment. Moreover, "Windows Scripting" is infinitely more powerful,
once you get your head around the "wrapper". TechNet are running a week of
webcasts on Windows Scripting this week, and there are vast resources on the
MS website on the subject.

See
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032256426&Culture=en-US
(webcast available on demand), or
and especially:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/tools/wmimatic.mspx

--
####################
## PH, London
"Bob Troll" <fluffy@farmyard.com> wrote in message
> I'm an old batch file writer from way back. PLS is correct in saying this
> would work in Win9x and I added it to my autoexec.bat file when I used 98.
> The trouble with XP is there is no DOS, plus if your drive is partitioned
> NTFS you are doubly screwed because DOS doesn't know what a NTFS file
system
> is or how to make use of it in any case.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

We really do need to keep up or at least try if we are to be successful
nowadays. Thanks for the link to the scriptomatic information. I'll play
around with it and see what comes up. I'm basically lazy and getting tired
of having to learn all over again every few years. It seems that just as I
get to the point where I think I actually know what I'm talking about, it
all changes........

Regards, Bob "hopelessly insane (and tired of Bill G taking control of my
computer) machine warrior" Troll

"Philip Herlihy" <foof8501@herlihy.eu.veil.com> wrote in message
> True, XP doesn't have a "real" DOS but there is a DOS-like command prompt
> environment. Moreover, "Windows Scripting" is infinitely more powerful,
> once you get your head around the "wrapper". TechNet are running a week
of
> webcasts on Windows Scripting this week, and there are vast resources on
the
> MS website on the subject.
>
> See

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032256426&Culture=en-US
> (webcast available on demand), or
> and especially:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/tools/wmimatic.mspx

> --
> ####################
> ## PH, London
> ####################
> "Bob Troll" <fluffy@farmyard.com> wrote in message
> > I'm an old batch file writer from way back. PLS is correct in saying
this
> > would work in Win9x and I added it to my autoexec.bat file when I used
98.
> > The trouble with XP is there is no DOS, plus if your drive is
partitioned
> > NTFS you are doubly screwed because DOS doesn't know what a NTFS file
> system
> > is or how to make use of it in any case.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

(Sigh...)

I know EXACTLY what you mean...

--
## PH, London