dvd-writer

I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that worked
fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player and
a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
any suggestions? please
2 answers Last reply
More about writer

    The jumpers on the new drive must be on the wrong place.- Master , Slave or
    Cable Select.

    "steenern" <steenern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
    > recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
    > I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that
    > worked
    > fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player
    > and
    > a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
    > any suggestions? please

    "steenern" <steenern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
    recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
    I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that worked
    fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player
    and
    a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
    any suggestions? please

    Can it be seen by your bios, if not your OS probably wouldn't have much of a
    chance seeing it either.

DVD Players DVD Writers Computers Windows XP