GA-7N400 Pro and Zalman CPNS 6000 Fan

I have a GA-7N400 Pro motherboard, XP3200 CPU, FX5200 AGP graphics and two
IDE Hard drives (40gb and 80gb). Windows XP Home
I have just purchased the Zalman Silent Flower Cooler CNPS6000-CU (see
either http://www.quietpc.com/uk/amdcooling.php#6000 or
http://www.zalmantech.com/ )
Firstly after fitting I had problems getting the pc started after fitting
it, but after reading the instructions I had to do some changes in the BIOS.
After getting it started I then found the temperature running at 64+C. That
was even with the case being open. On my previous heatsink fan it ran about
about 48C.
Obviously I checked to see the fan was fitted correctly etc and as it had a
fan speed control I adjusted that, but it was already on max.
I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience with this Zalman
product or could give me any advice.

Thanks

Allan

The problem is in your mainboard, temperature readings is wrong .

I also tried different fans until I found out that the mobo gave me the
wrong temp.

Now Im running this program CPU idle extreme www.cpuidle.de
+ MBM5 and my average temp has dropped down to 50 C. It used to be 64 C

-balo

"balo" <bardxxchrist@yahoo.nospam.no> wrote in message
> The problem is in your mainboard, temperature readings is wrong .
>
> I also tried different fans until I found out that the mobo gave me the
> wrong temp.
>
> Now Im running this program CPU idle extreme www.cpuidle.de
> + MBM5 and my average temp has dropped down to 50 C. It used to be 64 C
==
Balo:
I've heard before that MBM is difficult to set up on the GA7N400 Pro2 board.
Supposedly, MBM doesn't work if set up per the instructions that come with
it. Since you have it working, could you please post the changes you had to
make?
ww