IBM optical mouse model MO09BO

Hi

Looks like , I am the only one in this world who is using above MODEL
(optical mouse - USB based) of IBM mouse with Toshiba laptop (M30-344).

When I connect this mouse to my USB socket, Windows XP detects some hardware
and tells me that HID driver is installed for it when I check using Device
manager.

I am using SP1a.

I figured out may be its not correct driver so I searched whole of IBM
websites to look for driver for this model...but its not even mentioned
anywhere.

I searched who WEB but nobody seems to metion it at all ???

Can anybody help me ?

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Help you with what? You need to define the problem.
>
> How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

The HID is the correct driver (at least one of them). HID stands for
Human Interface Device and is installed for all USB interface devices.

Contact IBM for the other drivers.

courtney sends...

I am sorry. It appears I didnot define problem correctly.

Though XP detects HID as driver for my IBM mouse model MO09BO but I simply
can not do with mouse because I cant do anything with cursor or mouse pointer
on the screen because mouse pointer doesnt move if I move my mouse....

I mean, my mouse doesnt seem to control mouse pointer on the screen.
However, my touchpad keep functioning well and I can control mouse pointer
on the screen using touchpad on my toshiba laptop

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Help you with what? You need to define the problem.
>
> How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "funtoosh" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | Looks like , I am the only one in this world who is using above MODEL
> | (optical mouse - USB based) of IBM mouse with Toshiba laptop (M30-344).
> |
> | When I connect this mouse to my USB socket, Windows XP detects some hardware
> | and tells me that HID driver is installed for it when I check using Device
> | manager.
> |
> | I am using SP1a.
> |
> | I figured out may be its not correct driver so I searched whole of IBM
> | websites to look for driver for this model...but its not even mentioned
> | anywhere.
> |
> | I searched who WEB but nobody seems to metion it at all ???
> |
> | Can anybody help me ?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A mouse _is_ a Human interface device....

"funtoosh" <funtoosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Looks like , I am the only one in this world who is using above MODEL
> (optical mouse - USB based) of IBM mouse with Toshiba laptop (M30-344).
>
> When I connect this mouse to my USB socket, Windows XP detects some
> hardware
> and tells me that HID driver is installed for it when I check using Device
> manager.
>
> I am using SP1a.
>
> I figured out may be its not correct driver so I searched whole of IBM
> websites to look for driver for this model...but its not even mentioned
> anywhere.
>
> I searched who WEB but nobody seems to metion it at all ???
>
> Can anybody help me ?

peter

Hi,

Check the touchpad setting, set it to auto disable when a PS/2 or USB mouse
is inplace. RTFM

Peter

"funtoosh" wrote:

> I am sorry. It appears I didnot define problem correctly.

> Though XP detects HID as driver for my IBM mouse model MO09BO but I simply
> can not do with mouse because I cant do anything with cursor or mouse pointer
> on the screen because mouse pointer doesnt move if I move my mouse....
>
> I mean, my mouse doesnt seem to control mouse pointer on the screen.
> However, my touchpad keep functioning well and I can control mouse pointer
> on the screen using touchpad on my toshiba laptop
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Help you with what? You need to define the problem.
> >
> > How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
> > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> >
> > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "funtoosh" wrote:
> >
> > | Hi
> > |
> > | Looks like , I am the only one in this world who is using above MODEL
> > | (optical mouse - USB based) of IBM mouse with Toshiba laptop (M30-344).
> > |
> > | When I connect this mouse to my USB socket, Windows XP detects some hardware
> > | and tells me that HID driver is installed for it when I check using Device
> > | manager.
> > |
> > | I am using SP1a.
> > |
> > | I figured out may be its not correct driver so I searched whole of IBM
> > | websites to look for driver for this model...but its not even mentioned
> > | anywhere.
> > |
> > | I searched who WEB but nobody seems to metion it at all ???
> > |
> > | Can anybody help me ?

Oh ! thanks. It worked after this tip.
Thanks once again.

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check the touchpad setting, set it to auto disable when a PS/2 or USB mouse
> is inplace. RTFM
>
> Peter
>
> "funtoosh" wrote:
>
> > I am sorry. It appears I didnot define problem correctly.

> > Though XP detects HID as driver for my IBM mouse model MO09BO but I simply
> > can not do with mouse because I cant do anything with cursor or mouse pointer
> > on the screen because mouse pointer doesnt move if I move my mouse....
> >
> > I mean, my mouse doesnt seem to control mouse pointer on the screen.
> > However, my touchpad keep functioning well and I can control mouse pointer
> > on the screen using touchpad on my toshiba laptop
> >

> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Help you with what? You need to define the problem.
> > >
> > > How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
> > > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carey Frisch
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > >
> > > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

walman

Distinguished
May 7, 2008

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Help you with what? You need to define the problem.
>
> How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

The HID is the correct driver (at least one of them). HID stands for
Human Interface Device and is installed for all USB interface devices.

Contact IBM for the other drivers.

courtney sends...

I was searching for a driver for mouse MO09BO when I came accross your note.
Have you tried Lenovo's ScrollpointIII driver?
You can download the (ScrollPointIII Mouse driver for XP) q1mie08us13.exe from their web site in the "downloads and drivers" section "http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-54227"

paulera

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I was searching for a driver for mouse MO09BO when I came accross your note.
Have you tried Lenovo's ScrollpointIII driver?
You can download the (ScrollPointIII Mouse driver for XP) q1mie08us13.exe from their web site in the "downloads and drivers" section "http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-54227"

Version: 5.24
Release Date: 2010/01/25
File link File size File description
q1mie14us17.exe 16,352,392 ScrollPoint III/Pro/Optical mouse driver for Windows XP

q1mie14us17.txt 3,547 Installation instructions for ScrollPoint III/Pro/Optical mouse driver for Windows XP

Fixes "fast scroll problem", enables panning, middle button customization and a bunch of other customizations. Well worth the 16 MBs download. Painfully well hidden in IBM site and quite difficult to find if your only clue is mo09b0 or 41u3018/19 from the bottom sticker