dual processors

I am in the process of fixing a computer that was originally used as a
server, it has a Phoenix Tech motherboard, with TWO P2 processors, Does
Windows XP Home suppurt dual processors?
4 answers Last reply
More about dual processors

    No, you need Windows XP Pro for dual processor support.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "jmt303" <jmt303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am in the process of fixing a computer that was originally used as
    > server, it has a Phoenix Tech motherboard, with TWO P2 processors,
    > Does
    > Windows XP Home suppurt dual processors?

    Thanks Alot man!! I knew that XP pro would, but was unsure about Home...

    Thanks Agasin

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > No, you need Windows XP Pro for dual processor support.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "jmt303" <jmt303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am in the process of fixing a computer that was originally used as
    > > server, it has a Phoenix Tech motherboard, with TWO P2 processors,
    > > Does
    > > Windows XP Home suppurt dual processors?

    Windows XP Medial Edition, and Windows 2000 will also support dual
    processors, as will Linux.

    Bill Crocker

    > Thanks Alot man!! I knew that XP pro would, but was unsure about Home...
    >
    > Thanks Agasin
    >

    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> No, you need Windows XP Pro for dual processor support.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >>

    >> "jmt303" <jmt303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am in the process of fixing a computer that was originally used as
    >> > server, it has a Phoenix Tech motherboard, with TWO P2 processors,
    >> > Does
    >> > Windows XP Home suppurt dual processors?

    You can also add Windows 2003 Server family to the list.
    www.coribright.com

    "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Medial Edition, and Windows 2000 will also support dual
    > processors, as will Linux.
    >
    > Bill Crocker
    >

    > "jmt303" <jmt303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Alot man!! I knew that XP pro would, but was unsure about Home...
    >>
    >> Thanks Agasin
    >>

    >> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, you need Windows XP Pro for dual processor support.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >>>

    >>> "jmt303" <jmt303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message