Looking at buying a new 480 watt PSU and wondering what "PFC" means in
the product specs I am reviewing. I see three different descriptors next
to this: Active, No, or N/A.

What do these mean?

Thanks.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Looks like it means power factor correction. Just google....
http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/pfc.html

Neil
"Steve Marshall" <marshall22@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Looking at buying a new 480 watt PSU and wondering what "PFC" means in the
> product specs I am reviewing. I see three different descriptors next to
> this: Active, No, or N/A.
>
> What do these mean?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks, Neil; that was very helpful and I have ordered a "PFC Active" PSU.

Steve