Floppy Drive not working

Floppy drive suddenly stopped working ,Get popup screen when trying to
read a disk
Its a Dell computer Pent 3 790 Mhz
Windows xp Pro sp-2
The problem started suddenly ,no apparent reason with WinXp Home
isnstalled .

The pop up screen reads "Please install a disk in Drive A " . With
some disks .
With other disks it reads " The disk in drive a is not formatted etc "

In attempting to troubleshoot I tried 2 other drives with cables that
worked in other computers .I also did a new install of WinXp pro SP-2
and still get the same problems .

Ive also formatted new disks in another computer with XP Pro installed
to use

Ive check the Bios but dont see any problem although I may not no
what to look for.

The cables are tight and properly installed

Thanks for taking the time to help me out

Flipperf
1 answer Last reply
More about floppy drive working

    Seen your other post, have you tried a different cable or
    in the bios...Is Floppy drive enabled?

    --
    William

    "OleDawg" <flipperf@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Floppy drive suddenly stopped working ,Get popup screen when trying to
    > read a disk
    > Its a Dell computer Pent 3 790 Mhz
    > Windows xp Pro sp-2
    > The problem started suddenly ,no apparent reason with WinXp Home
    > isnstalled .
    >
    > The pop up screen reads "Please install a disk in Drive A " . With
    > some disks .
    > With other disks it reads " The disk in drive a is not formatted etc "
    >
    > In attempting to troubleshoot I tried 2 other drives with cables that
    > worked in other computers .I also did a new install of WinXp pro SP-2
    > and still get the same problems .
    >
    > Ive also formatted new disks in another computer with XP Pro installed
    > to use
    >
    > Ive check the Bios but dont see any problem although I may not no
    > what to look for.
    >
    > The cables are tight and properly installed
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time to help me out
    >
    > Flipperf

Floppy Disk Windows XP