Floppy Drive not working

Floppy drive suddenly stopped working ,Get popup screen when trying to
read a disk
Its a Dell computer Pent 3 790 Mhz
Windows xp Pro sp-2
The problem started suddenly ,no apparent reason with WinXp Home
isnstalled .

The pop up screen reads "Please install a disk in Drive A " . With
some disks .
With other disks it reads " The disk in drive a is not formatted etc "

In attempting to troubleshoot I tried 2 other drives with cables that
worked in other computers .I also did a new install of WinXp pro SP-2
and still get the same problems .

Ive also formatted new disks in another computer with XP Pro installed
to use

Ive check the Bios but dont see any problem although I may not no
what to look for.

The cables are tight and properly installed

Thanks for taking the time to help me out

Flipperf

Seen your other post, have you tried a different cable or
in the bios...Is Floppy drive enabled?

--
William