No sound in games

I have a Creative SB Audgy gamer sound card. When I use Internet Explorer or
watch TV through the computer the sound works fine. But, when I play any
games there is no sound. I have the newest drivers installed. For some
reason, the control panel for the creative sound card (AudioHQ) will not
open, even after reinstalling. It gives an error message every time.

How can I get the sound to work?

If the AudioHQ won't open, you can't make any changes to the configuration.
Try reinstalling the Creative software again, after removing it completely
and rebooting.

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Creative SB Audgy gamer sound card. When I use Internet Explorer
or
> watch TV through the computer the sound works fine. But, when I play any
> games there is no sound. I have the newest drivers installed. For some
> reason, the control panel for the creative sound card (AudioHQ) will not
> open, even after reinstalling. It gives an error message every time.
>
> How can I get the sound to work?

TRENDING THREADS