Camera Icon still showing in My Computer after uninstall

I had an Oregon Scientific DShotII USB Camera installed on my system, I
purchased a new camera. Uninstalled the DShot using Add/Remove programs, the
software was removed but the icon still shows up in the My Computer folder
and I cannot DELETE or affect it in anyway. Device manager shows, it has
been removed. How do I remove the icon from the My Computer folder, any help
would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about camera icon showing computer uninstall

    Hey Steve,

    I had this problem a few years ago and the only way i knew to get rid of the
    My Digital Camera icon is to download a program called Tweak UI ,its
    available from Mircosoft if you havent got it already, and once its installed
    ,open it up and on the right there are a series of choices find the My
    Computer tab and uncheck the My digital Computer icon, I know this doesnt
    actually remove it but it stops it from being displayed

    cheers

    "Steven G" wrote:

    > I had an Oregon Scientific DShotII USB Camera installed on my system, I
    > purchased a new camera. Uninstalled the DShot using Add/Remove programs, the
    > software was removed but the icon still shows up in the My Computer folder
    > and I cannot DELETE or affect it in anyway. Device manager shows, it has
    > been removed. How do I remove the icon from the My Computer folder, any help
    > would be appreciated.

Cameras Computers Windows XP