Camera Icon still showing in My Computer after uninstall

I had an Oregon Scientific DShotII USB Camera installed on my system, I
purchased a new camera. Uninstalled the DShot using Add/Remove programs, the
software was removed but the icon still shows up in the My Computer folder
and I cannot DELETE or affect it in anyway. Device manager shows, it has
been removed. How do I remove the icon from the My Computer folder, any help
would be appreciated.

Hey Steve,

I had this problem a few years ago and the only way i knew to get rid of the
My Digital Camera icon is to download a program called Tweak UI ,its
available from Mircosoft if you havent got it already, and once its installed
,open it up and on the right there are a series of choices find the My
Computer tab and uncheck the My digital Computer icon, I know this doesnt
actually remove it but it stops it from being displayed

cheers

"Steven G" wrote:

> I had an Oregon Scientific DShotII USB Camera installed on my system, I
> purchased a new camera. Uninstalled the DShot using Add/Remove programs, the
> software was removed but the icon still shows up in the My Computer folder
> and I cannot DELETE or affect it in anyway. Device manager shows, it has
> been removed. How do I remove the icon from the My Computer folder, any help
> would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS