Recent Supreme Court Rulings

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I don't really like having any of the Justices have political affiliations to be honest. Just saw the SCOTUS post.... How about the implications this will have on the elections? Also I am disappointed that they left the one part in the immigration law that allows for the possibility of discrimination.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Why is your Purple Heart next to your DD papers also.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is the government for you.Nothing is justifiable in life.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

If its not a political affiliation why is every republican, tea party and right leaning person blowing a gasket over his decision. They even are calling him a coward, what a load of BS. Takes way more balls to make the right decision even when you know you will burned at the stake by your fellow conservatives.

Deciding for the legislation as to it being a tax is not within the courts parameters.
If it had been brought honestly in front of the people as a tax, then thered be no worries.
But, as a tax, it wouldnt have been so easy to do.
This was clear deception, the court ruled correctly, as a tax, its constitutional.
However, as a tax, and as costs are applied, the people who usually scream loudest, those who depend on the system more than others, it is they who will be affected here, and many who voted for those who said it was not a tax, as they begin to pay, will fall away from those who mislead the public.
What Roberts did here was wise, as he sidestepped an issue he wasnt truly privy to, yet called it as it is, and it will be felt by anyone who works, anyone, at any time, those who never paid will now do so,, those that have paid in the past will pay more, and the people will decide

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is the Conservatives cowards and blowhards. They just make more noise than anything that is why I hate them with a passion.