GA-7N400 Pro2 r1.1 & Corsair TwinX512-3200XLPT

Tim

Greetings,

Is there a way to get this memory to run at 2-2-2-5 (advertised speed)
on this board and a way to check that ? When I try the turbo memory
speed setting in bios, it locks up tight, and CMOS reset is required
to restart. The PC is very stable, otherwise.

F6 bios
No overclocking, good air cooling
465 watt powersupply

Thank you.

You may also want to try other BIOS versions, although I can't get anything
after F6 to run with my Kingston ram, even though F& says "Fix KINGSTON DDR
400 can't boot". It should read "Fix KINGSTON DDR 400 so THAT it can't boot
"

--

"Tim" <tdcraig@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to get this memory to run at 2-2-2-5 (advertised speed)
> on this board and a way to check that ? When I try the turbo memory
> speed setting in bios, it locks up tight, and CMOS reset is required
> to restart. The PC is very stable, otherwise.
>
> F6 bios
> No overclocking, good air cooling
> 465 watt powersupply
>
> Thank you.

Si

I think if you press Ctrl and F1 while in the bios menu screen, that will
open and extra menu option where you can mess about with your memory
timings.

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.
"Tim" <tdcraig@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to get this memory to run at 2-2-2-5 (advertised speed)
> on this board and a way to check that ? When I try the turbo memory
> speed setting in bios, it locks up tight, and CMOS reset is required
> to restart. The PC is very stable, otherwise.
>
> F6 bios
> No overclocking, good air cooling
> 465 watt powersupply
>
> Thank you.

Tim

"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<ceuhv7$l90$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> I think if you press Ctrl and F1 while in the bios menu screen, that will
> open and extra menu option where you can mess about with your memory
> timings.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si

Control-F1 worked, memory working as advertised. Thanks.