disk controller error

I am having a persistent error on an ASUS A78nx-x, updated bios, etc. I
am getting IO_ERR_CONTROLLER_ERROR on disks 1 through 4. Problem is, I
only have one HD. The D drive is a DVD. I have checked the bios, no
drives unaccounted for. Have replaced cables. Have been to M$ to
research...nothing. This error seems to be slowing my computer down
also. Tried to get to ASUS tonight but their entire network seems to
be down. Has anyone heard of this before?

--
drcrunch
1 answer Last reply

    Go here
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=491423e9f37319f1a828fc890d663c8e

    Then post your question where you will get answers from many others who have
    the same motherboard.

    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "drcrunch" <drcrunch.1gbe4y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am having a persistent error on an ASUS A78nx-x, updated bios, etc. I
    > am getting IO_ERR_CONTROLLER_ERROR on disks 1 through 4. Problem is, I
    > only have one HD. The D drive is a DVD. I have checked the bios, no
    > drives unaccounted for. Have replaced cables. Have been to M$ to
    > research...nothing. This error seems to be slowing my computer down
    > also. Tried to get to ASUS tonight but their entire network seems to
    > be down. Has anyone heard of this before?
    >

    > --
    > drcrunch

Controller Windows XP