Epson 980 problem

I have a persistent problem with my Epson stylus colour 980. It continually
prints broad swathes of yellow colour, behind the lines of text in a normal
document. In fact it prints the same broad yellow lines behind everything.
Can anyone help?
Best regards,
Brian Cartwright.
5 answers Last reply
More about epson problem

    Have you tried the Epson nozzle check and print head alignment routines?
    anything obvious when you check here?

    start/settings/printers right click on your printer and sleect properties
    then utility tab.

    Otherwise is this a new thing which has just started? or has the problem
    always been there? if its just started have you installed anythign new? op
    system? graphics program etc?

    The problem started a short while ago and all of the usual checks have been
    made. I cannot recall having installed any programme which might have
    triggered it off. It just happened and I can't get rid of it.

    ____________________________________________________________-
    "Colin Bird" <colin-bird@btconnect.com> wrote in message
    Have you tried the Epson nozzle check and print head alignment routines?
    anything obvious when you check here?

    start/settings/printers right click on your printer and sleect properties
    then utility tab.

    Otherwise is this a new thing which has just started? or has the problem
    always been there? if its just started have you installed anythign new? op
    system? graphics program etc?

    This may be due to ink build up under the yellow head, or a piece of
    paper or even hair stuck under that part of the head.

    Although rare for the yellow head, it may also be a failed head, but
    usually that will disappear if printed in the lower res modes, like 720
    x 720 dpi...

    Email me and ask for the Epson Cleaning Manual and I will send you a
    copy via email (no cost, no spaming).

    Contact me at: artistic(at)telus(dot)net
    (at) = @
    (dot) = .

    Art

    Brian Cartwright wrote:

    > I have a persistent problem with my Epson stylus colour 980. It continually
    > prints broad swathes of yellow colour, behind the lines of text in a normal
    > document. In fact it prints the same broad yellow lines behind everything.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Best regards,
    > Brian Cartwright.

    "Brian Cartwright" wrote
    > I have a persistent problem with my Epson stylus colour 980. It
    continually
    > prints broad swathes of yellow colour, behind the lines of text in a
    normal
    > document. In fact it prints the same broad yellow lines behind everything.
    > Can anyone help?

    Hi,

    I had a 9800 also, which worked fine for years, then I had the dumb idea to
    use some cheap 3rd-party ink and basically ruined the Print-head. Sent it
    into a EPSON approved service centre who quoted me £260-00 repair cost (new
    Print Head! + service costs).

    Wayne ][

    Although I do not doubt your printer developed a head clog by using
    inferior ink, I would be very much surprised if the ink damaged the head
    or made a head replacement necessary.

    Chances are the head was salvageable with proper cleaning.

    Some heads do fail, but rarely is that the result of using 3rd party inks.

    Art

    Wayne Youngman wrote:

    > "Brian Cartwright" wrote
    >
    >>I have a persistent problem with my Epson stylus colour 980. It
    >
    > continually
    >
    >>prints broad swathes of yellow colour, behind the lines of text in a
    >
    > normal
    >
    >>document. In fact it prints the same broad yellow lines behind everything.
    >>Can anyone help?
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > I had a 9800 also, which worked fine for years, then I had the dumb idea to
    > use some cheap 3rd-party ink and basically ruined the Print-head. Sent it
    > into a EPSON approved service centre who quoted me £260-00 repair cost (new
    > Print Head! + service costs).
    >
    > Wayne ][

Printers Epson Peripherals