Wired PC does not See Laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 12:02:15 AM

I can't seem to search and find a solution to my problem.

I have a DSL modem connected to a Belkin Wireless G router.

I created a wireless network on my laptop (Winxp Home) using the CD enclosed
with the router.

I then plugged my PC (Winxp Home) to the router via Ethernet cable. I then
went through the wizard to add it to the network.

Now, both computers are able to surf the internet. My laptop can print to
the printer connected to the PC. My laptop can see Shared Files on the PC.

My PC cannot see the laptop at all. On the PC, if I go to My Network
Places\Microsoft Windows Network, I get "Unable to browse the network. The
network is not present or not started."

How do I get my PC to see the laptop on the wireless network? I really need
specific step-by-step instructions since I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

More about : wired laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 10:30:04 AM

"Michael Knight" <jmknight@netdoor.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my PC to see the laptop on the wireless network? I really
> need specific step-by-step instructions since I'm new to this.

It sounds as though you may have a firewall on your laptop that is blocking
the connection.
!