GA-K8NSNXP-939 / CPU and board Temps are way off.

In PC Health Status, in the BIOS I am seeing 7 degrees C
for the CPU and 4C for the board..
I know this cant be right I am also seeing these same temps using Nvidia
nvsystemutility. I am hoping future BIOS updates will fix this..Anyone else
seeing these low temps? Thanks.

stapper

Distinguished
May 16, 2004

Golgatha wrote:

> In PC Health Status, in the BIOS I am seeing 7
> degrees C for the CPU and 4C for the board..
> I know this cant be right I am also seeing these same temps using
> Nvidia nvsystemutility. I am hoping future BIOS updates will fix
> this..Anyone else seeing these low temps? Thanks.

I bought this board a few days ago and having the same problems. My
CPU-temperature varies from 17 to 22 degrees.AT startup I alse see a
message that mij memory is nog configured properly for optimum use.
When I look at the memoryspeed in EasyTune 4 it says 166mhz. The memory
I use is 1 GB Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL C2.

I have that problen to. My temp (cpu) is 13 degrees. When playing
ut2004 for 4 houres (quite adictive game). My temp goes up by a
woppin 1 degree. That can't be wright. The 939 chip has no room imo
for a desent temp read. I think it will alwats be wrong. My old XP
cgip had no central pins so the temp sensor could touch the CPUbase.

Quick question, I have posted a question alittle below this one would
you have a read please and see if you have a similar noise. Seems to
be a power thing. not to shure.

the link is hear
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic49466.html&highlight=

Any info would be great.

I hope you didn't try removing anything from your board.
Just get an RMA and send it back..
If you were to remove anything from the board you may just void your
warrenty.