PCMCIA Hard Disc Drive - Can this be a bootable drive?

Can a 170MB PCMCIA HDD be a stand alone bootable hard drive? If so how do I
set it up? The laptop I would like to do this on is a toshiba 1400-S151 with
XP-Pro installed(C:\). Windows Explorer shows the HDD Card as E:\ I do not
know how to, or even if I can have a HDD boot option at startup. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thx, fc...
2 answers Last reply
More about pcmcia hard disc drive bootable drive

    There is not an option in BIOS. Is there a download available for this?

    "jeffrey" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > You need to check in your notebook bios and see if there is an option in the
    > boot order for this be allowed.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > "plumber" <plumber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can a 170MB PCMCIA HDD be a stand alone bootable hard drive? If so how do
    > > set it up? The laptop I would like to do this on is a toshiba 1400-S151
    > > with
    > > XP-Pro installed(C:\). Windows Explorer shows the HDD Card as E:\ I do
    > > not
    > > know how to, or even if I can have a HDD boot option at startup. Any help
    > > is
    > > greatly appreciated. thx, fc...

    Thank you Jeffery, for your time and concern. fc...

    "jeffrey" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > No, if your BIOS or mother board does not support this option, then you can
    > not boot from an external device. This a feature that has to have the
    > hardware able to read an external device. I doubt BIOS updates will include
    > the feature, but you can check the manufacture`s site and see if it in any
    > future BIOS updates. Other than that, you have to boot from the internal
    > HDD.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > "plumber" <plumber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > There is not an option in BIOS. Is there a download available for this?
    > >
    > > "jeffrey" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> You need to check in your notebook bios and see if there is an option in
    > >> the
    > >> boot order for this be allowed.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff
    > >>
    > >> "plumber" <plumber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message