Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

PCMCIA Hard Disc Drive - Can this be a bootable drive?

Tags:
  • PCMCIA
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
November 26, 2004 1:27:02 AM

Can a 170MB PCMCIA HDD be a stand alone bootable hard drive? If so how do I
set it up? The laptop I would like to do this on is a toshiba 1400-S151 with
XP-Pro installed(C:\). Windows Explorer shows the HDD Card as E:\ I do not
know how to, or even if I can have a HDD boot option at startup. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thx, fc...

More about : pcmcia hard disc drive bootable drive

November 26, 2004 1:55:02 AM

There is not an option in BIOS. Is there a download available for this?

"jeffrey" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You need to check in your notebook bios and see if there is an option in the
> boot order for this be allowed.
>
> Jeff
>
> "plumber" <plumber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can a 170MB PCMCIA HDD be a stand alone bootable hard drive? If so how do
> > set it up? The laptop I would like to do this on is a toshiba 1400-S151
> > with
> > XP-Pro installed(C:\). Windows Explorer shows the HDD Card as E:\ I do
> > not
> > know how to, or even if I can have a HDD boot option at startup. Any help
> > is
> > greatly appreciated. thx, fc...

November 26, 2004 7:59:02 AM

Thank you Jeffery, for your time and concern. fc...